im a huge reggae/reggae-rock fan, everything from bob marley and peter tosh to Dispatch, Sublime and Ballyhoo! and im wondering what kind of gear most reggae guitarists use. i know Bob Marley used an LP, but i think there are probably better reggae guitars. also, i have no clue what kind of amp most reggae guitarists use. it seemed to sound pretty great playing clean reggae through a fender blues junior, but i would really like a better idea of what amps reggae guitarists use.
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
actually a lot of reggae guitarists do play les pauls, and firebirds i've seen a few times.

ampwise, a blues junior would be good.. otherwise maybe a marshall jcm of some sort.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
I know Bob Marley's guitarist primarily used a strat and Bradley Nowell used an Ibanez (better for those distorted parts). amps is a more subjective field.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
I'm guessing a fender amp would do the job nicely.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
i own a strat and a fender blues junior btw. i've found this to be a very good combination for reggae. it sounded great when i played 'wrong way' with my band.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Fender Jaguar and a Blues Junior! that would pretty much do it
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
My cheapo yamaha f-310 strung with stainless steels sounds pretty good for reggae actually. I read somewhere that Bob Marley got buried with his strat so i think he probably used one of them.
My Stuff!

Yamaha Pacifica 112
Vintage V400-12 Solid Top 12 STRING!!!!!
Yamaha F-310
Yamaha FD02 Solid Top
Orange crush 10
Watson XL15
Zoom G2
Encore PK40

Saxophone: Jupiter somethin or other
I would probably guess a strat, SSS or HSS if you feel the need for heavier bridge tone. Put it through a wah into a somewhat clean amp, and you should get a good reggae tone.
buried with his Les Paul, actually.

But yeah, a wah and a Fender amp should pretty much be all you need, maybe a chorus or delay to deepen the sound a bit. The guitar's far more subjective, you could probably use most anything with passive pickups. Dunno how actives would work....
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Recommended threads
Reggae tone
wshnationals