Boy, good folks , I realy have the New Guitar fever.

After reading a lot of post and doing a Lot of shopping I have come down to two choices (well three realy counting the mods I am doing on my current rig).

Agile AD3000 Flame top Bliue=449.95 deliverd
Epi Les Paul Standerd Plus Top in transparent blue=593.95 walk out of local store

Your opinions as always are appreciated.
Thanks
what kind of music do you play?

and what amp/guitar do you have now?
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
Old Blues,SRV,Santana,Brian Setzer style rock. I do not shred nor do I gig. I have a Line6 Spider3 and just bought a B52 T12
I say the Agile, its higher quality and lower price than the Epi, especially when the Epiphone Les Paul CUSTOM was that much about 3 months ago.
Wow thanks Eric. What makes the Agile better if I may ask? I realy appreciate as my do-ra-mes dont come easy and this will be the first major (for me) git purchase I have made in 30 years
Quote by Old mike
Old Blues,SRV,Santana,Brian Setzer style rock. I do not shred nor do I gig. I have a Line6 Spider3 and just bought a B52 T12

i would go with the agile.
ive never had the pleasure of playing one myself, but ive never heard a bad review.

or you might want to try a MIM strat, it may fit your blues taste a lot better.
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
No on the MIM Strat as my re-build is a Fat Strat with neck and middle Texas Specials and bridge Seymore Duncon Pearly Gate. This new one will be for that beautiful rich deep clean Blues or Santana sound. I guess I am realy getting back into it started playing 46 years ago and got out of it in the last 13 except for my old standerd.
Like I said I GOT THE FEVER
Last edited by Old mike at Jan 29, 2008,
Quote by Old mike
No on the MIM Strat as my re-build is a Fat Strat with neck and middle Texas Specials and bridge Seymore Duncon Pearly Gate. This new one will be for that beautiful rich deep clean Blues or Santana sound. I guess I am realy getting back into it started playing 46 years ago and got out of it in the last 13 except for my old standerd.
Like I said I GOT THE FEVER

how do you like the texas specials? I'm probably gonna buy a MIM tele and pimp it out with a new neck and texas specials, and hope that it can rival a stock MIA tele.
They have a nice natural raspy overdrive together and the neck byitself has just the right amount of fat clean growl for me you know that sound you get when you choke up on the pick and make that clean squak pick on the notes that almost sound like you have a wa but don't. I just finished the upgrade so have not realy put it thru all the paces yet .
/\ those sound awesome. I play mainly blues/rock and I love that dry creamy/raspy overdrive you're talking about. Thanks a lot!

And as for you, I'd say the agile.
Now Rush--I have to ask again-What is it about the Agile thats better? Playability-Sound? what? the price dif is not that much and they both have the basic pu design. Is it the thicker top on the Agile or what? I guess my problem is I have played the Customs and they are ok-feel good look good could be better but is the Agile that one extra step up?
Come on folks why is the Agile better than a Epi LP Custom I need to know before I buy.
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
The only prescription is...

More cowbell.

beaten to it =(

ill get a cowbell joke in one of these days, youll see YOULL ALL SEE!
You want Cow Bells I'll get you Cow Bells I got over a hundred head and a barn full of-em. and other things you wouldn't want to step in
Anybody out there played an Agile and a Epi Custom? What is your opinion please?
Quote by Old mike
Anybody out there played an Agile and a Epi Custom? What is your opinion please?

That every Michael Kelly Patriot I have ever played has been far superior .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Old mike
Wow thanks Eric. What makes the Agile better if I may ask? I realy appreciate as my do-ra-mes dont come easy and this will be the first major (for me) git purchase I have made in 30 years

I believe those have 1 piece mahogany bodies, the Epis have Mahogany and Alder sandwhich bodies, so the Agile will sound beefier than the Epi. Also, Epi likes to use maple veneers a lot, not sure if they do it anymore, but the Agiles have real flame maple tops, that and among other things I'm sure I missed.
Thanks Eric thats the kinda info I need. I will research it. Thanks again.