All,

I should recieve a Schecter Blackjack guitar from Fed-Ex tomorrow. The high is supposed to be 24 degrees. It may be left out in the cold for up to 4 hours. Do you think this is an issue or not?

Thanks

OB
first of all, why would you leave a guitar outside where it can be easly stolen for 4 hours.
and second your risking finish cracks, bu it'll probly be fine
Do you have a better suggestion? Maybe I can tell them that I'll come pick it up? Is that possible?

OB
Quote by OhioBuckeye
All,

I should recieve a Schecter Blackjack guitar from Fed-Ex tomorrow. The high is supposed to be 24 degrees. It may be left out in the cold for up to 4 hours. Do you think this is an issue or not?

Thanks

OB

Well, do you have a choice?

Besides, during shipping your guitar will most likely be cold as well, so there's not much you can do.

Quote by OhioBuckeye
Do you have a better suggestion? Maybe I can tell them that I'll come pick it up? Is that possible?

OB

Some companies allow it, others don't; I'm not sure on Fed-Ex, though.

Are the four hours the time the guitar will spend in transport or is it going to be left outside?

Also, can't you ask a neighbour to take it?
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Yes it will, when you get it, dont open it up right away, let the box warm up a little bit, at least to room temperature, then open it up a little bit and let the inside of it warm itself for a little while, then take it out and let the guitar itself warm up for a while before you play it, yes its gonna be tedious, but there's gonna be a lot of tension on the neck so it worth it, and if you just bring it out into the warm climate of your house, its gonna mess it up, I dont know the details, but a lot of the guys at the Carvin forums do it so I think its safe to follow it.
yeah get a neighbor or a friend to take it.
or get them to deliver to your work or such.
The guitars already in the cold it's not going to hurt it more but when you get it you have to leave it inside for 2 hours in the box then take it out and if it's in a case take the case out and leave it for another hour if not its good.
Quote by uvq
i live in england, my guitar has no choice but to be cold..

I'm in Canada, and We live in Igloos. My guitar is fine.

TS, the guitar is in a box or a gig bag or in a case. I wouldn't be too worried about it.