Page 1 of 2
no my sole mission in life is to avoid these fruits at all costs, but who woulda thought that they would play nickelback on a "classic rock" radio station?
Quote by Twist of fate
I like playing twister with dead cats and old people
I really like Nickelback
I don;t understand why so many people hate them and make fun of them
its not like they are Fall Out Boy or anything
Gooby Pls.
nickleback are the epitome of generic rock.

they weren't great when they first came out either, but at least they were remotely listenable back then.
Quote by ProfLonghair90
This section is supposed to be about rock, not Nickleback. Please move this thread to the "garbage" forum.
Last edited by maca-venagas at Jan 30, 2008,
Quote by ProfLonghair90
This section is supposed to be about rock, not Nickleback. Please move this thread to the "garbage" forum.

People are aloud to have opinions different to yours, although I don't really like Nickleback nor Chad Kroeger.

*Ahem*

At that, I hope everyone who likes Nickelback can take this joke

Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by sebastian_96

People are aloud to have opinions different to yours, although I don't really like Nickleback nor Chad Kroeger.

*Ahem*

I like Silver side up but everything after that seems to be clinging on to the same old song formula, trying to be the next 'How You Remind Me'. At least the singles I've heard since. I agree with the dude who said it lacks substance, I'd even say originality. If they came out with an album that went in a different direction musically I would give it a listen.

Also, that cartoon did make me laugh.
They aren't bad at all. One of the bands (about 5 years ago) that converted me from Rap to rock... i will always hold a special place in my heart for them.

They are a good band, but like someone said, that substance is somethin' they lack. They aren't bad, i still LOVE how you remind me, and savin' me.
rIp
Savin Me is the only song I like. Otherwise they're all basically the same IMO.
They're ok, I used to listen to them more than I do now though. I like Savin' Me, and a couple others, but, they're not "#1" on my list, haha.
Yes.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
Quote by sebastian_96

*Ahem*

Lmao, and I'm not a great fan of them so i would have to agree with the cartoon.
^Hah Simon, I love those guys. That one was great.

Quote by uvq
ted nugent is in the video rockstar so i'll have to say yes.

Fucking sheep....

Quote by MrJayremmie
They aren't bad at all. One of the bands (about 5 years ago) that converted me from Rap to rock... i will always hold a special place in my heart for them.

And now you listen to the Chili Peppers, a band with one bondafide groovy rapper heh.

And about Nickelback... I find their singles catchy. Not really into them to continue beyond that, but I don't change the radio when they're on.
Quote by vintage x metal
idk if my vagina can handle all of this at once.

Quote by hazzmatazz
It's a good time too stop when you start ejaculating air, right?

Quote by frankv
I've been raping my left hand
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
I really like Nickelback
I don;t understand why so many people hate them and make fun of them
its not like they are Fall Out Boy or anything

I actually prefer Fall Out Boy.
their ok, i dont mind listening to them because im NOT an elitist who insults other people musical tastes and i dont mind listening to bands like fall out boy or mcr just because they're not virtuosos at there instruments
Quote by TOMMYB22
their ok, i dont mind listening to them because im NOT an elitist who insults other people musical tastes and i dont mind listening to bands like fall out boy or mcr just because they're not virtuosos at there instruments

Um.. No one ever said we don't like them because they're not virtuosos. I'm a big fan of punk rock, which usually has some pretty easy guitar playing in it. We don't like it because it sounds annoying. Please don't call us elitists. Not all of us who don't like these bands insult them, some of us just really can't stand them and never mention it.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by TOMMYB22

Sir, stop fighting natural selection.

Wait... Did that make sense? Probably not. But who cares, I'm elitist.
I thought they just recorded one song and played it again and again.

Seriously, with the exception of How You Remind me and Hero, IT'S ALL THE SAME.

@ Steve Muse AHAHA I saw that the other day, too.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Um.. No one ever said we don't like them because they're not virtuosos. I'm a big fan of punk rock, which usually has some pretty easy guitar playing in it. We don't like it because it sounds annoying. Please don't call us elitists. Not all of us who don't like these bands insult them, some of us just really can't stand them and never mention it.

then maybe your one of the smart people on this website
Quote by TwilightX

@ Steve Muse AHAHA I saw that the other day, too.

I posted it
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Meh, I hate it when people claim all Nickelback sounds the same, but the band don't do themselves any favours with their choices of singles.
I hate it when people talk about Nickelback (postively or negatively) and haven't heard Curb or The State. It means they're either sellouts or shallow elitists. I played some of Curb to a friend of mine who hates Nickelback and he really liked it.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Nickelback used to be my favorite band and I listened to them a lot.Athough I don't listen to them much anymore, they are still awesome.My favorite has to be Never Again and the older stuff is better even though All the Right Reasons is an awesome album.
Great band, but there'll never be a proper discussion thread about them on this site. Too many people don't like them so there isn't enough interest, and as we've already seen, some pre-pubescent idiots would swamp the thread and fail at trying to insult them

Quote by ProfLonghair90

Like this comedian

EDIT: To anyone basing their opinions on the singles Nickelback release, I can understand why you would dislike them strongly. They have some great album tracks though, and no one pays a blind bit of attention to their older stuff (pre How You Remind Me)
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
Last edited by con job at Jun 27, 2008,
Nickelback were an EXCELLENT, truly OUTSTANDING grunge band for their first 2 albums Curb and The State. The raw, grunge-based sound really caught me. Their next 2 albums were more radio-aimed, but still featured some grungy, metal-influenced songs. But their latest album had NOTHING of that, and I HATE the way people dislike them thinking that they're the pop **** they became in 2005. Listen to the followings songs:
Old Enough
Left
Little Friend
Curb
Leader of Men
I Don't Have
Just For
Breathe

and now try to tell me they're not grunge.
In short, Nickelback's old material RULE.
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
Page 1 of 2