im BARELY getting any sound out of my bridge pickup and i have no idea what the problem is..

like, after cranking the volume it sounds like its at about halfway.
not only that, its not distorted or anything like that when i try to use gain.

the neck pickup works fine, so i dont know what the problem is

i play an epi g-400 sg, by the way.
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
hahah is your tone control up?
that could be it, otherwise it might be a cold saulder, so take it into your local shop and they'll fix it or like 5 bucks
yeah the first thing i did was i checked all the knobs.
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
Mmm.. maybe try adjusting the height of your pickups, i think that would work.

Maybe the pickup's height is too low.
Quote by Andrusho
Mmm.. maybe try adjusting the height of your pickups, i think that would work.

Maybe the pickup's height is too low.

i just tried it..
didnt help.

any other suggestions?
Quote by nt1440
anyone?
Quote by nt1440
When you use the gain on your amp the pickup still plays clean? :S

Unscrew it and check for any loose wires, if it's an active pickup check the battery, clean it if it's got anything on the little silver bits... Other than that I don't know, unless you can give more info
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
a lot of times it'll be the first indication that the switch is failing. switch back and forth, shoot some compressed air or pot cleaner wt lube into the switch, while flicking.

if no difference is noted, then a loose wire would be my next guess.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
this has nothing to do with pickup height, it's all about the wires connecting the pickup, same thing happened to my tele neck pickup. you need to solder it back together
Quote by Necronomicon
this has nothing to do with pickup height, it's all about the wires connecting the pickup, same thing happened to my tele neck pickup. you need to solder it back together

Yes, it does. The closer the pickup is to the strings the higher the output. If it's rolled back way into the body, it will have a very low output.
Quote by wanderingguitar
Yes, it does. The closer the pickup is to the strings the higher the output. If it's rolled back way into the body, it will have a very low output.

somehow i think he'd notice if his pickup spontaneously dropped into the body of his guitar on its own, in which case he'd have a much worse problem.
Quote by Necronomicon
somehow i think he'd notice if his pickup spontaneously dropped into the body of his guitar on its own, in which case he'd have a much worse problem.

And? My point was that, you're wrong, pickup height CAN affect your tone like that.
Quote by Necronomicon

and how can i do that?

id rather not take it to GC
because whenever i take my guitar in there
they take like 2 weeks to even look at it, no matter what the problem is.
Quote by nt1440
its an epi g-400 sg, as i said in my first post.
Quote by nt1440
take off the pickguard so you can get under the pickups to where the wires connect to them. make sure all the connections are still good and if they aren't, get a solder gun and put them together again, pretty simple.
He doesn't have to take off the pickguard, the G400s pickups are rear mounted.

Just check your control cavity to see if everything is properly connected.

Take some pictures if you want.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
maybe it somehow came unwired.

so, take it to a tech and have him look at it.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by wanderingguitar
And? My point was that, you're wrong, pickup height CAN affect your tone like that.

jesus christ some hormones kicking in? who cares...

but my bet is some bad/weak connection at the switch, loose wire, stuff like that. it's not the jack if the neck pickup works fine.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
jesus christ some hormones kicking in? who cares...

This is the UG forum, what do you expect? If you're wrong, I will point it out. If you're an ass about it, I'll point that out too.
Quote by FacingUsAll
He doesn't have to take off the pickguard, the G400s pickups are rear mounted.

Just check your control cavity to see if everything is properly connected.

Take some pictures if you want.

yeah i must say im a little confused.

see anything out of the ordinary?
Quote by nt1440
anyone?
Quote by nt1440
Quote by wanderingguitar
This is the UG forum, what do you expect? If you're wrong, I will point it out. If you're an ass about it, I'll point that out too.

it's not the pit.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
did you check the switch yet?

i know a couple of guys spammed the thread. but im hoping you saw my first post.

ive replaced about 4 epi switches.
all started cutting out in the same way.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011