Poll: How often do u clean ur guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: How often do u clean ur guitar?
EVERYDAY ITS MA BABY!
13 15%
Dude...weekly of course.
18 20%
Monthly dude...way 2 go.
31 35%
Oh man....I dono...
27 30%
Voters: 89.
Hey I wanted 2 know how often you guys clean ur guitars?

I don't clean mine much at all, but was thinking of wiping it down daily.

I heard every time you play its could to wipe the sweat off the strings?
i barely ever clean it.

probably like every month and a half or so.
or whenever im bored enough.
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
Quote by RockAddict311
Hey I wanted 2 know how often you guys clean ur guitars?

I don't clean mine much at all, but was thinking of wiping it down daily.

I heard every time you play its could to wipe the sweat off the strings?

The only guitar I very regularly clean is my Vigier.

My other guitars get the occasional Planet Waves cleaner treatment and when I change the strings I clean the gunk of the fretboard to prevent build up.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I'm starting to do it monthly...I used to barely ever. The gunk is wack, I hate that ****. I wonder if wiping it down ever time i play quickly with a cloth on the fretboard would be good?
I usually do all that during string changes. I'll condition the fretboard, and wupe down the body with a dry rag. And on the bridges, I have an air duster I use to get the dust and gunk out. If you're using elixirs, though, plan on doing it regularly every few weeks, otherwise, it's a pretty huge gap inbetween cleanings.
before a gig..
thats all
same with strings, but i always change them before a gig.
It's nice to just sort of run like an old sock over the strings after you play. The strings will last a hell of a lot longer, but you can buy a cheap little cleaning thing (I use this thing that goes on like chapstick and wipes off) and just clean it when you get bored. I like once a week. Keeps the guitar sounding crisp. But hey, if you like that "i haven't cleaned or changed my strings in eight years" grungy metal sound, disregard above comments.
Wiping down the strings will make make them last longer. Don't clean your fretboard and polish your body too much though, that's bad.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
just do it every other week and it should be enough
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
Not everyone wants to be metal.

o sry... i didn think about that...

the gods of rock made dirt, and dirt dont hurt??
ITs good to wipe down your string becase the sweat screws up the string i change my strings 5days befor a show then right after one.
NICK-NAC PATTY WACK GIVE A DOG A HANDJOB!

The day I see a squirrel masturbating to pictures of other squirrels is the day that we'll lose our human uniqueness.
Weekly, i can't everyday unless i wouldn't get a chance to play as i would be cleaning it all the time. But every sunday arvo i sit down and give it a good wipe down, re-string, re adjust the locking trem and clean all the scum off the fretboard.

I only do that to my razorback though, i don't have enough time to do it to all my babies.
I wipe down my strings before and after playing, often with Fast Fret because I like the brightness and the slick feeling. I'll give the fret board a clean and polish the body every few months usualy when I completely Destring the guitar.
Quote by Shwing55
ITs good to wipe down your string becase the sweat screws up the string i change my strings 5days befor a show then right after one.

+1000

Yep, your right....except (the bolded part), that's a bit odd...

I guess you would know with all the shows you've done .

RJ.....
i give it a wipe every week... some good ol dunlop cleaning spray...

and once a moth... some cream of canuba
i'll wipe it off a bit when i clean my strings, but other than that i don't really clean mine at all until either a. they get gross, or b. i'm going to sell one.
the only time i really cleaned mine was today when i split my index finger and bled on the finish but ive only had for a month so it was time anyway

i usually clean once a month
i do a thorough clean everytime i change my strings every month or so
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Quote by conquistador
the only time i really cleaned mine was today when i split my index finger and bled on the finish but ive only had for a month so it was time anyway

i usually clean once a month

OOOO BLOOD.
Quote by Bunjamin
I love it when i bleed from playing...thats usually when i'll clean my guitar to answer the question

Oh man u beast.
I usually wipe it down every other play or so. I've got to keep that razorback shine bright. I almost always wipe down the back of the neck before and after playing to keep the neck smooth and slick, I keep a hand towel strung over my guitar stand.
I clean mine everytime I change strings on them, which isn't often on some of them. I'll usually clean and treat the neck if they need it at that time too. I use fast fret and a cloth to clean off the strings after I'm done playing, at least if I remember to.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
i clean it like every 6 weeks
every time i change string, i clean it
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
Quote by one vision
daily. Gibsons nitro finish is a bitch to take care of. and i like how it shines

Too true man...

*nods in elitist manner*

plus, IT'S MA BABY!!!!
Quote by beeboshain
once a month when i replace my strings i give it a clean up

same here, mbut now its like every other week or every 3 weeks
not a month