So I've come to UG to ask this question now. This is my situation: I haven't had a chance to go to any shops yet and actually mess with the amps and stuff. But, what amp is closest to Slash's tone? I mean his tone on Live Performences. . I know he uses his Signature Slash Jubilee series and the silver jubilee amps, but those are really rare and probably are expensive.

So what amp can get me the closest tone to his amps?

He uses the Vintage Modern, but along with a Slash Jubilee. The reason why I'm asking for help is because I really have no clue on what amps could sound closest to the tone I'm trying to achieve.

Would the JCM800 be able to pull it off? I don't know since the Guitar Center closest to me always has the freaking MGs on display.

Thanks for the help though.
Last edited by Mockingbird452 at Jan 30, 2008,
Hmm, yeah thats what I was planning on doing.

I want to try to find a Single Channel one. Does the Two Channel have much of a difference in sound from the One Channel JCM800?
The guitar center should be able to get you a slash signature. If not, then try the JCM800.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
i think slash used a 2204 or 2205 head to record Appetite for Destruction, so if you can nab one used, i'd do so.
how the hell are you gunna afford this? lol you can get his sound from much, much cheaper amps, his sound isnt that hard to get
Quote by zoomzilla
The guitar center should be able to get you a slash signature. If not, then try the JCM800.

CAn they really do that? Weren't there only like 600 made?

and for the post above the post above me. ^^: haha, I just want to know what kind of amp I should be testing and saving up for.

EDIT: And I'm trying to get Slash's tone during live shows, not recordings (Although those are nice too)
Last edited by Mockingbird452 at Jan 30, 2008,