its a gtd120

and it sounds ****in good to me even tho ppl here hate crates

only problem is its not heavy and the only reason i think i got it cuz my dad talked me into it

i was going to get a peavey valve king cuz i needed a guitar too so i got a schecter hellraiser and needed something loud and better than my amp cuz im starting a band and u know the rest so

now my dads sayin he wants to buy me a amp because he talked me into it

and i was going to get the valveking 212 but i heard its not good for metal? the guy at guitar center said i can buy some tubes that are heavy

i want to get somethin for about that price range and i cant find anything

we play hardcore right now but im into 80's thrash

megadeath metallica (not a big slayer fan)
so i've been stuck with amps for about a year

HELP! pweesh
Lol.

Just go with the VK. The vk can get heavy with an overdrive.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
why are there so many vk fanboys? i thought it was such a piece of crap thats so overhyped its riddiculous, way better options in the price range
or one of these. they can get pretty damn heavy on their own, according to youtube clips.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG50TC-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481197
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by gnr_axeman74
why are there so many vk fanboys? i thought it was such a piece of crap thats so overhyped its riddiculous, way better options in the price range

Can you give some reasons why it sucks?
I'd like to know since I'm thinking of picking one up.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by Slaytanic6606
Can you give some reasons why it sucks?
I'd like to know since I'm thinking of picking one up.

VK's are nice amps, but there are people that blindly recommend them to people who have better amps available to them. They are nice for a versatile amp with so pretty good cleans and OK overdrive. They can get almost to heavy metal so it appeals to metalheads in the price range.

Other music like blues and classic rock are better fitted with a crate palomino or Peavey Classic 30, while the VK is for someone who wants to play everything while not having to go with a mediocre modeling amp.
As more of these amps sell there will be more "fanboys." Truth is its a damn good amp.