Would any of you guys be embarassed to use an epiphone on stage?

ex. like an Epiphone Les Paul Classic
It's a long way to the top, If you wanna rock and roll
no....you think people in crowds can read head stocks...?...and don't worry you will be fine, just remember to make sure your volume knob is on lol, happend to my friend when we were playing.
Well it could be worse, you could play a Les Paul Studio or an ESP.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
mate i'd be more concerned about the sound that was coming out my amp, making it sound the best i can make it, then who gives a **** what word is written on the top of your guitar?
mate i'd be more concerned about the sound that was coming out my amp, making it sound the best i can make it, then who gives a **** what word is written on the top of your guitar

i understand that but im just trying to avoid all the "wussy gibson ripoff" taunts...
It's a long way to the top, If you wanna rock and roll
I've used an epiphone on stage and no one noticed
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul
Gibson Explorer
Marshall MG100HDFX
Quote by rich420
mate i'd be more concerned about the sound that was coming out my amp, making it sound the best i can make it, then who gives a **** what word is written on the top of your guitar?

couldn't have said it better
Don't worry I saw a band where some guy was playing some telecaster looking hollow body for hardcore music.
Without trying to big myself up in any way...I use an Epiphone Les Paul onstage, and I don't even have a clue what model it is...it doesn't have the headstock of a custom, or a standard, or anything cheaper...it weighs almost as much as a Gibson LP Standard, doesn't feel 'plasticy' like most Epi LPs I've played, and retailed alot more than the usual Epi LP (£699 ~ $1400) though I got it for almost £100 less as my friend's dad owns the music shop I bought it from.

He said it was a 'Les Paul Deluxe' though I'm not so sure that exists and he said this a while after (this was quite a few years back) so he may have got mixed up, either way it has one of the best finishes I've seen on a Les Paul, and with the BKP Nailbombs I put on it as well, I'd much rather play it than a stock Gibson Les Paul.

I only use it for standard tuned songs, so just under half the set, but it is my main guitar for that tuning and not a backup.

And I'm not just some noob, I use high-end Ibanez S series guitars in D Standard for most of the set.

To save you having to read all that crap I wrote above:
I love my Epiphone, and it's one of my favourite guitars that I own. I use it live 30-40 times a year at least, and that is increasing alot with my main project atm.
Psshhhhh, look around the crowd at the next show you're at. I bet that 90% of them dont play guitar or know enough to tell the difference. Even at that, if anyone does say something about it, remember you are the one on stage and they are the tool complaining about it in the audience. As long as the noise you make is good noise, no one should care.
Chain:
Fingers -> Schecter Damien FR -> Fulltone OCD -> ABY Box -> Bugera V22 / Peavey 6505+
Quote by thunderstruck89
i understand that but im just trying to avoid all the "wussy gibson ripoff" taunts...

If someone calls it a Gibson ripoff, kindly point out to them that Epiphone was (and to some extent, still is) a separate brand that Gibson bought out and now license them to produce their more affordable guitars, and entry level models too...

Before kicking the fool who said it in the 'nads.
haha i've never seen someone care what guitar people play at a concert unless they play guitar themselves. even then if they're taunting they usually shut up once you start playing if you're any good. if not, it's not the guitar you have to worry about.
dude its not the guitar its the guitarist fyi i have a epiphone and it is bad ass
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
Quote by thunderstruck89

Then buy another guitar? That's the only thing that's going to change those kind of peoples minds. But **** what they think. What kind of an asshole stands close to the stage so he can read your headstock? Just play your music and kick them in the face if they get that close to the stage.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
I use an Epiphone on stage and many people say it looks very cool.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
Quote by last_biscuit
Without trying to big myself up in any way...I use an Epiphone Les Paul onstage, and I don't even have a clue what model it is...it doesn't have the headstock of a custom, or a standard, or anything cheaper...it weighs almost as much as a Gibson LP Standard, doesn't feel 'plasticy' like most Epi LPs I've played, and retailed alot more than the usual Epi LP (£699 ~ $1400) though I got it for almost £100 less as my friend's dad owns the music shop I bought it from.

He said it was a 'Les Paul Deluxe' though I'm not so sure that exists and he said this a while after (this was quite a few years back) so he may have got mixed up, either way it has one of the best finishes I've seen on a Les Paul, and with the BKP Nailbombs I put on it as well, I'd much rather play it than a stock Gibson Les Paul.

I only use it for standard tuned songs, so just under half the set, but it is my main guitar for that tuning and not a backup.

And I'm not just some noob, I use high-end Ibanez S series guitars in D Standard for most of the set.

To save you having to read all that crap I wrote above:
I love my Epiphone, and it's one of my favourite guitars that I own. I use it live 30-40 times a year at least, and that is increasing alot with my main project atm.

Epiphone Elitist. They are nice and most of the time you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between one and a Gibson LP Classic or something of that nature.
Haha, I remember my friend telling me the story of him having to scrape "squire" off his squire strat when he did a gig

A while ago I performed in front of 300 people using a fender bronco bass..

Actually... what should people care at all? If you play good they won't need to criticise your guitar. Even if it is an epiphone :P
You've got a decent guitar and I assume you know how to play. That's what counts, just be glad you don't have a 100 watt MG stack of pooh behind you. Now that would be embarrassing.
Noone who's there to enjoy the music is gonna care what you play on as long as you play well. I wouldn't sweat it. Just get up there and do your thing
exactly. i play an epiphone on stage and no one knows the difference. even if they did who really cares. its not what you play but how you play.
i play my Epiphone Les Paul on stage, and its even very cheap for their line. i have never gotten any negative comments on it from anyone.

i actually was pleasantly surprised to see an Epiphone Les Paul on stage at a show i played at last week. this guy had a beautiful flame topped Les Paul and it sounded phenomenal. i assumed it was Gibson because of its quality (or rather the quality of how it looked). after watching more of the set i caught a glimpse of the headstock, which informed me otherwise. Well done Epiphone.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
i'd be more embarassed if i had a '59 Les Paul, Stacks of Marshalls, and was onstage with absolutely no talent

dude i had the sickest Jackson Randy Rhoads V, and 5 days before my bands first big show in cleveland, the neck broke in my cars trunk

i used some total off brand les paul double-cutaway ripoff, and had no qualms about it.

its not the guitar you play, its how you play the guitar you have
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
Quote by FendermanOC
Epiphone Elitist. They are nice and most of the time you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between one and a Gibson LP Classic or something of that nature.

Well, all I can say is thank you so much. With that name in mind, I trawled through tons of pictures online and then their links, and found the exact model name.

Albeit, as mine is older than the current ones I couldn't find the same finish, though someone told me at a guitar shop that it's a discontinued finish anyway.

But yeah, now I know mine is an Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Standard Plus, the only difference between it and the current version on the Epi site is a few minor aesthetic details (mine has no pickguard, would look odd on it though) and mine had opencoils (til I swapped them out).

Thank you!
i wouldntb embaressed about wat guitar i was using,

besides, thats not even stage fright, thats just shame
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Id rather play the best show of my like with a Squier or dean than the worst show of my life with the best guitat ever built.
sh*t i tell people straight up that i play an epiphone and that i rock the hell outta it. they usually ask how it compares to a gibson, and compliment it's looks/sounds (BIG TIME on the sound) and hardly ever hear anyone say anything bad for it being "knockoff." normal people know how hard it is to accumulate thousands of dollars worth of gear when you're under 25 ya know.

though like someone already stated, they shut the hell up once they HEAR it. my SG gets compliments all the time and it deserves it IMHO.

take all the damn pride you can in your instrument, it's there for YOUR playing privledge.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
One in a hundred people at a gig know a Gibson for something rescued from a skip. If your phrasing is poor and your chord changes are not slick about ten times that will notice.
Stop showing off and play the music!
Also no one will usually go up to you say stuff like your suck buy a real guitar. But i have to admit when me and my buddys are out watching bands were like good god look at what he is using he has 3 grand in pedals running through a 200 dollar amp. Or why is he using a squier through a mesa boogie amp. And things of that nature... But we never tell the guys that are up there... And they always sound horrible!

But when it comes to epi vs gibson no one really cares thats watching you play. Hell you will probably get some compliments becasue people think its a gibson.