what kind of pickups would be good for an Epi les paul 100 if I like to play guns n roses and led Zeppelin?
well I don't have an amp yet but my moms bf is gonna give me his soon but idk what type it is either. Sry
I recommend putting in some Gibson '57 Classic Humbuckers. They can help you get a great classic rock tone and it's still versatile enough for other genres too.
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
In gr.8 we got into purple nurples so much that the school would suspend anyone they saw doing it. We had really good aim.
New pickups won't be of help in that guitar, especially if the amp turns out to not be very good. Try to get a Crate V8 or Peavey Royal 8 for the amp. Even then, a new guitar would be better than upgrading pickups. Sorry, but guitar is an expensive hobby, but it sure is fun!
Do not replace the pickups in that guitar. it's not worth it. Save the money you would have spend on pickups for the 100 and use it towards a better guitar.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Quote by Exteme_Conflict
Don't you hate when people tell you get to a new amp even when that isn't in the question anywhere?

Yes, but it is the best way to spend your money when you have a bad amp and won't have the benefits of new pups through it.
Quote by Exteme_Conflict
Don't you hate when people tell you get to a new amp even when that isn't in the question anywhere?

no b/c if its a peice of **** amp like a MG or something, pu's arnt gonna do but a little..
Quote by Exteme_Conflict

it's called inference, when some one wants new pick-ups, they generally want to improve the tone of there amp, in this case he has no amp yet, so his amp effects more tone then pick-ups, pick-ups are just little tweaks people make to make that extra little differnce.
What?

Are you serious? You want to buy pick-ups when you don't even have an amp?

Keep the current pups, they're fine. Only upgrade your pups when you've got a really good guitar.
Quote by Exteme_Conflict

It might not be the question but it's usually the answer.

TS, you don't need new pickups, simple as.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Exteme_Conflict

Don't you hate it when youe people just post in a thread without actually offering any advice at all? (spam. )

If you don't have an amp, why would you even change pickups? You don't even know how the guitar sounds yet! Changing pickups are for tweaking your tone, after you get an amp that gets you most of the way there.