Sup UG? I'm a fat sack of shit. In the pic is what I've drank in the last 2 days... Seriously, what the fuck?

I am 6'2" and 245lbs, and I want to lose a lot of weight for summer. I plan on replacing all soft drinks with water and all snacks (cookies, pop tarts, candy, etc...) with fruit. I walk quite a bit every day and I regularly ride my bike. Will I be a decent weight for summer?
Wow....

Good luck
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Do a lot of running and cycling, and swimming. Aerobic kind of exercises, that stuff slims you down quick.
play rugby! i did lost alot of weight and got fit and i still eat a fair bit of junk food

Use all that fat and make it muscle
seriously go pimp some iron itll get you around with the ladies
dude, I'm 6'3 and weighed 255 pounds this time last year. I started working out every other day with free weights and cardio bike and I now weigh 195. Just work your ass off and you'll thank yourself for it.
“You know that I don't fucking care if I live or die.”
watch your calories man, thats really all its about. if net calories taken in is less than net calories expended in the day, presto; weight loss.
just make sure you do moderately intense exercise to keep up any muscle mass you may have. also limit carbs so that the body feeds off fat rather than carbs.
them's the basics of weight loss for ya :P
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Sup UG? I'm a fat sack of shit.

BAD idea.

that's just waiting to be sigged dude, haha....
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
Hambonicus, that was epic with a side of win

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Proud member of the "I don't believe in global warming clan".
Hey man I started the same thing! I've heard that the average is about 1-2lbs lost per week (maybe more at first and it starts to decrease as you get fitter) so depending on the weight you're aiming for you can make it.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
diet =/= losing weight

EXERCISE. discipline yourself to limit your intake

and no you want be "decent" by summer if thats all you do. damn do some real effin cardio and do cut weight. dont just expect that some healthy diet is going to lower your weight miraculously.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
fat doesnt turn into muscle...

i wish

but if u wanna lose wieght and are still in highschool wrestle

its hard ass ****in work but u lose wieght fast as hell

and make sure u burn more calories than u take in

and eat healthy no more fast food for u

eat homecooked meats and fish make sure u go lean

chicken breast is the **** and its low on fat

bodybuilding.com

ooo and diets dont work just eat healthy and burn more calories than u take in and i bet u a $1000 u lose weight
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Sup UG? I'm a fat sack of shit.

sigged thanks bro

EDIT: looking at the other stuff you said, you should be fine if you actually do it...
looked at your profile pic. i didn't know meat loaf was a UGer.

Im joking. drinking less pop should help.
sup?
Totally give up soft drink. The sugar just turns into fat dude
And lighten up on Orange juice because it also has a crapload of sugar.
Drink water constantly also, carry a water bottle everywhere with you, it is good for you plus it will fill you up making you less hungry and less likely to binge on other bad foods
Losing weight is fairly simple...just calculate out how many calories you need to maintain your weight, then subtract 500. and eat that many, no more, less maybe.

there are calculators around online

seeing a doc would also be a good plan.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Great idea.
Just a tip, give yourself some treat once a week.
I'm serious. If you don't, you will probably end up missing the fatty stuff too much and go back to it.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Ya but only one cheat meal every 1-2 weeks. Don't go overboard with it tho.

If you stick to your diet and training rountine it won't hurt you.
Quote by marktuazon
diet =/= losing weight

EXERCISE. discipline yourself to limit your intake

and no you want be "decent" by summer if thats all you do. damn do some real effin cardio and do cut weight. dont just expect that some healthy diet is going to lower your weight miraculously.

Any weight loss for me is great.
Quote by arsonite
Muscle burns fat, so don't just eat healthy, exercise alot too.

That's just a myth.
Exercise burns the fat, and exposes the muscle that is under the fat.
But yeah you have to exercise too. To burn enough calories per day to make a significant lose without exercising, you would have to have a quite bad diet.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

That is not enough exercise.

I recommend weightlifting. Do compound exercises.

Quote by urik
That's just a myth.
Exercise burns the fat, and exposes the muscle that is under the fat.

Actually, neither of you are right. Exercise burns calories and expends energy, some of which can come from fat.

More muscle mass means more energy needed for you to move, so more calories burned.

-SD
Last edited by SilentDeftone at Jan 29, 2008,
The best way to get rid of fat is cardio. Running, biking, swimming, etc. Also, it's best to do it in the morning before you eat. That way you aren't burning anything you've eaten that day, but you are burning fat. Also, anything less than 20 minutes is pretty much useless. You end up just burning ATP, which does nothing for you.

As far as the diet goes, lots of smaller meals. Eat 20 minutes before going to bed so your metabolism works into the night. Unless you've got an iron willpower, ease yourself off the bad food. If you're drinking that much soda, it's going to be hard to just stop suddenly.
Quote by Timothym
The best way to get rid of fat is cardio. Running, biking, swimming, etc. Also, it's best to do it in the morning before you eat. That way you aren't burning anything you've eaten that day, but you are burning fat.

I've heard mixed opinions on that. Thought I read somewhere that your body starts to consume muscle as well if you have nothing in your stomach so that wasn't a great idea. Anyone know for sure?

Quote by Tymothym
Also, anything less than 20 minutes is pretty much useless. You end up just burning ATP, which does nothing for you.

Just curious what's ATP stand for? I've just started exercising after a few years of laziness so I really only go for 20-25min atm, hopefully I can build that up as I build up my muscles.

edit: Also, TS, one of the things that I've heard from many people and that I am trying to start doing is concentrate on the little things. What I mean by that is, for example: don't ask someone to bring something upstairs/downstairs to you, go and get it yourself, or mow your lawn, take the stairs instead of the elevator. There are probably hundreds of little things like that, that if you start doing over time can really up to a lot of extra calories burnt.

I've also heard keeping a log of your exercise/eating is helpful ( http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/single-best-way-lose-weight ) That way you can keep track of everything that enters your system and it will motivate to push your exercise further but also to think about better eating choices.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Last edited by Op3th at Jan 29, 2008,
Quote by captainjackass
Dude I drink that much a day, but Im '5 ''10, and 120 lbs...

I actually want to gain weight

Go to the website I posted

They help with that too
Quote by wylde_overdrive
I see some Dr. Pepper in there, but what's that other stuff? You need some more brand name soda.
i know how you feel man. just run and cycle and lift weights and you should lose some weight. and the main rule is quantity because there is too much of something. something like a orange will not be good for you if you eat 50 in a day /bad example
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
Quote by Flying Couch
I see some Dr. Pepper in there, but what's that other stuff? You need some more brand name soda.

There wasn't any Dr. Pepper at the store, so I picked up some no name cola.

Oh, I am also taking my treadmill out of storage so I will be able to run during the remainder of winter.

EDIT: Update...

Since Feb. 2nd, I've been just starting slow. I've only had a few cans of pop, but I've also had about 24 bottles of water.

Each morning + evening, I do 5 minutes of jumping jacks/jogging in place/whatever to get my heartbeat up. Then I do 50 sit-up/crunches, then I do as many push ups as I can do (so far my best is 6 in a row, 10 over all)

Really really out of shape, but I'm trying

I plan on getting some freeweights soon so I can work my arms more. Also, luckily my brother has a weight bench, so I can use the barbell there.

Alright, I'm going to give you some scientific information that should be able to help you.

Energy Priority:

1. Carbohydrates: Basically sugars from various foods, such as glucose, which is from plants. (Yes, plants have sugar in them.) It's a very shallow form of energy and gives very little ATP, hence the 'sudden perk up, sudden crash' that you get from sugary foods.

2. Lipids: Your body's fats, oils, and the like. This gives a lot of ATP, and thus more energy.

3. Proteins: Namely, your muscles. This doesn't give much ATP either, and it is only broken down when there are no carbs or lipids to break down. It is a painful experience.

I know more on the subject, but I'm sure the above is all you need to know for weight loss. It's ninth grade Biology, really...
*I come to sit at my desk in Biology to find that another 1000 page book is sitting there.*
"If this says Part 2, I'm going to be pissed..."