I'm finally finishing my EVH Frankencrap (as I lovingly named it) and I'm installing a killswitch. It would be pretty awesome to have an arcade style button, and I found a few on eBay.

http://item.express.ebay.com/__Guitar-Parts-Accessories_Killswitch-For-Guitar-Kill-Switch-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ300187730658QQihZ020QQptdnZGuitarQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQptdiZ666QQcmdZExpressItem

Does this look legit? (yeah i hate the word "legit" but for lack of a better term, it'll do...) I mean theres only one pic of one in his guitar, and a diagram, but I know killswitches are really simple devices / mods...

anyway, is this a good idea? or am i better off finding another one?

EDIT: would this be a better choice?

http://item.express.ebay.com/ARCADE-PUSH-BUTTONS-ALSO-FOR-MAME-tm-BEST-PRICE_W0QQitemZ120099571173QQihZ002QQcmdZExpressItem
GEAR:

Jackson Dinky DX-10D Amber Sunburst (W/ EMG-81, EMG-85)
EHX Metal Muff
Line 6 PODxt Live
B-52 AT-212
Martin D12X1
Last edited by nxtvanhalen at Jan 29, 2008,
Quote by nxtvanhalen
I'm finally finishing my EVH Frankencrap (as I lovingly named it) and I'm installing a killswitch. It would be pretty awesome to have an arcade style button, and I found a few on eBay.

http://item.express.ebay.com/__Guitar-Parts-Accessories_Killswitch-For-Guitar-Kill-Switch-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ300187730658QQihZ020QQptdnZGuitarQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQptdiZ666QQcmdZExpressItem

Does this look legit? (yeah i hate the word "legit" but for lack of a better term, it'll do...) I mean theres only one pic of one in his guitar, and a diagram, but I know killswitches are really simple devices / mods...

anyway, is this a good idea? or am i better off finding another one?

EDIT: would this be a better choice?

http://item.express.ebay.com/ARCADE-PUSH-BUTTONS-ALSO-FOR-MAME-tm-BEST-PRICE_W0QQitemZ120099571173QQihZ002QQcmdZExpressItem

"legitimate".

if you know killswitches are really simple devices, then... you don't need help do you?

just make sure you buy one that's "Push-to-Make".
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
how about the second one? i'm pretty sure the first one is a scam/ripoff, 10 bucks is not worth it.

i just need to know if the second one could be used in the control space of a strat body...
GEAR:

EHX Metal Muff
Line 6 PODxt Live
B-52 AT-212
Martin D12X1
They look kind of big. You'd have to lose a tone control. Ask the seller for dimensions.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
get one for free.

Go to your local arcade and jack it off of Street Fighter II.

jk, radioshcak carries em im pretty sure.
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
i bought a kill switch at radioshack today for less than 3 dollars
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Ah...well i bought the second ebay one before i got any replies and i just checked this again... i cost abut 3 bcks for the itam and shipping, so if it doesn't work somehow, i guess i'll just go to radioshack.
GEAR:

EHX Metal Muff
Line 6 PODxt Live
B-52 AT-212
Martin D12X1
Radioshack has them. They won't have the arcade style switch you want. That switch will be huge, but I'm guessing since you've got a nice pickguard on there, you might be able to pull it off. I think it would be awesome. Those have just the right amount of spring rate in them too so it would be easy to push. I think those arcade ones make a clicking noise when you push them, but like it matters. I threw a clicker in my Strat, works great. I got one of the 3 way ones that you can wire up push open or push close, and chose the right one for the killswitch. Cost about 3 bucks from Radioshack but meh.
Quote by forsaknazrael
^They have several push button style ones, actually.

Yeah I know they do. I got a few of them for my Guitar Hero controllers too, all different sizes and whatnot. It's just when I picture arcade, I picture those huge buttons on the arcade machines that are like an inch or so in diameter. I don't think Radioshack had those. I dunno, I'll check next time I stop in, I really want to do this.