Page 1 of 4
Okay, seriously George W. Bush is not stupid like everyone seems to think he is. I'm just sick of everyone that say ONG GEORGE BUSH IS SOOOOOOO DUMB LOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! I have to admit, he hasn't been the best president ever, but lets face it, he graduated from YALE UNIVERSITY! just because he doesn't speak like all of the other aristocratic egocentric politicians does not make him stupid. what are your guys thoughts on the matter?
Half of the people you know are below average.
I think this thread is a waste of space, mostly.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
he graduated yale with like a C or D average.

You only have one lifetime. USE IT!!!

The Athiest of Zeppelinism. PM The Heartbreaker to join.

We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!:UG Naked Club
Okay, seriously George W. Bush is not stupid like everyone seems to think he is. I'm just sick of everyone that say ONG GEORGE BUSH IS SOOOOOOO DUMB LOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! I have to admit, he hasn't been the best president ever, but lets face it, he graduated from YALE UNIVERSITY! just because he doesn't speak like all of the other aristocratic egocentric politicians does not make him stupid. what are your guys thoughts on the matter?[/QUOTE]
I bolded everything that doesnt make any sense, and i underlined the stuff that did

oh and political thread

good day
You can do alot of things when your daddy was as powerful as Bush senior was.
Quote by mdsmith1
Okay, seriously George W. Bush is not stupid like everyone seems to think he is. I'm just sick of everyone that say ONG GEORGE BUSH IS SOOOOOOO DUMB LOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! I have to admit, he hasn't been the best president ever, but lets face it, he graduated from YALE UNIVERSITY! just because he doesn't speak like all of the other aristocratic egocentric politicians does not make him stupid. what are your guys thoughts on the matter?

I bolded everything that doesnt make any sense, and i underlined the stuff that did

oh and political thread

good day
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think this thread is a waste of space, mostly.

Moreso than the various wanking threads?
no he's not stupid and many of the people that bash the president aren't even registered to vote. Honestly the state of the union address was well put and I agreed with the majority of the things that he addressed congress about. Oh and palestine is being recognized as a nation soon.
My thoughts are that you're prolly gonna get flamed to high heaven.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
lol he is stupid I'm sorry. He went to yale because his father was president not because he deserved it. He only got in because of his father's influence. He messes up simple english. Case in point "they misunderestimated us" there he made up a word. "Our childrens do learn" He does that all the time its not a 1 time mistake. I understand a president doesn't have to be a great orator but thats just ridiculous.
Quote by GeetarAbuse
My thoughts are that you're prolly gonna get flamed to high heaven.

yeah... i kinda expected it actually.
my dad and i watched the State of the Union last night. we laughed every time he stuttered on a word. we're terrible people.

yeah, there are stupider people. i dont agree with all of his decisions, but that doesnt really mean anything here.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
hey volta!?! Have you learned what a primary election was yet? And when was the last time that you got in front of a nation on live television with about an hour speech. Everybody everywhere stumbles on their words, just not as many people have that press coverage that can replay over and over again any mistakes in speech.
he's probably smarter in other areas, but politicks.... and peace making, not so much
oh, and for the record, i think he has been a fairly bad president, i dont think i got that point across too well in my opener...
Yes he is. The only reason he even got INTO Yale is because:

1) His daddy went there.

2) He was rich.

He is an idiot. He invaded Iraq for oil and for revenge against Saddam.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
relatively speaking in terms of former presidents, yes he is dumb. in terms of your average joe, no, i'd think not.

but YOU'D have to be stupid to not know the real reason why he was able to attend Yale.
Its too bad that he was stuck in office when 9/11 went down. No matter who the prez would have been, it was all goin to be a disaster.
Quote by Joshrocker48
I like you, as a fellow vocalist I like that you are here on UG and admit to not being a guitarist.
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
Quote by leading_theway
hey volta!?! Have you learned what a primary election was yet? And when was the last time that you got in front of a nation on live television with about an hour speech. Everybody everywhere stumbles on their words, just not as many people have that press coverage that can replay over and over again any mistakes in speech.

Are you following me around in every political post? I know way more about politics than you trust me.

I'm not criticizing him for stuttering words there are plenty of presidents who were poor orators and were great presidents. I'm criticizing him for his lack of understanding simple English. When was the last time you said you misunderestimated someone. And I'm sorry but if you're going to be president you have to be capable of using the english language properly.
Well, I'll agree with you. I'll go ahead and admit that his grasp on language leaves a bit to be desired though... but he's still smart.

Everyone bases their opinions off of what the media is feeding as "what's going on in Iraq." Which, if you talk to a lot of people who are in higher positions, (for example: my girlfirend's dad has top secret clearance) he says that he can't give details... but things are going much better than the media will ever admit. It's a ratings game to them.

I think he is quite an intelligent man. Also, if you look at economy trends, the economy fluxes in 4-10 year cycles. So bad things that happened 4-10 years ago will show up now... that's been proven over and over. Thus, Clinton inherited a blooming economy from G bush Sr. AND guess who's to blame for a bad economy now, Clinton. You'll never hear that in the public though, because for the most part, the general public is too focused on the here and now to examine trends and think logically.

*prepares to be flamed*
He's not "stupid," but he certainly does not have a high enough intelligence capacity to be president. I think he's proven that well enough for the past 7-8 years and that is why his approval ratings are the lowest they have ever been.
WE ARE...PENN STATE
Quote by ZanasCross
Well, I'll agree with you. I'll go ahead and admit that his grasp on language leaves a bit to be desired though... but he's still smart.

Everyone bases their opinions off of what the media is feeding as "what's going on in Iraq." Which, if you talk to a lot of people who are in higher positions, (for example: my girlfirend's dad has top secret clearance) he says that he can't give details... but things are going much better than the media will ever admit. It's a ratings game to them.

I think he is quite an intelligent man. Also, if you look at economy trends, the economy fluxes in 4-10 year cycles. So bad things that happened 4-10 years ago will show up now... that's been proven over and over. Thus, Clinton inherited a blooming economy from G bush Sr. AND guess who's to blame for a bad economy now, Clinton. You'll never hear that in the public though, because for the most part, the general public is too focused on the here and now to examine trends and think logically.

*prepares to be flamed*

this guy is right. But I still stand by the fact that Bush is dumb. He relies on his advisor's for everything.
People do misunderestimate his intelligence, however, he certainly isn't intelligent enough to be President. I kinda feel bad for the guy, despite his incompetence.
Last edited by shred745 at Jan 29, 2008,
Are you following me around in every political post? I know way more about politics than you trust me.

prove it.

moving on, every person in authority will be scrutinized. Popularity trends for every president show approval ratings drop at the end of the presidents term. Instead of bashing the president for his speaking skills or lack of, scrutinize congress for for arguing with each other over bills they created instead of fully representing the people in districts and states.

oh and you can also blame the lack of bicameral cooperation.
Quote by ZanasCross

*prepares to be flamed*

if the economy works in cycles, how can you blame clinton?

i'm not really into politics.
No one cares how smart you are. It's your grades that determine you place in society, not your intelligence. Or in this case, the name Yale and the fact that Bush's father was also President.
Quote by Arthur Curry

I meant cycles as in having a delay effect. What happens now will actually come into full stride in 4- 10 years. We learned about that day one of Macro Economics at university. Plus, its sort of common sense. Not meant as an insult, just justifying.
Quote by Arthur Curry

You really shouldnt blame him about the economy. Besides, thats all in the past now. Not like i was around to see it though.
Quote by Joshrocker48
I like you, as a fellow vocalist I like that you are here on UG and admit to not being a guitarist.
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
Quote by ZanasCross
I meant cycles as in having a delay effect. What happens now will actually come into full stride in 4- 10 years. We learned about that day one of Macro Economics at university. Plus, its sort of common sense. Not meant as an insult, just justifying.

yeah. i don't really care enough to be insulted. i see what you mean now, though.
Well, he did graduate from Yale, but he's really rich, and from a really rich family. Some of the stupid things he does is because of that, I think. He sometimes doesn't really understand how normal people live.

For example, he was talking about health care reform one time and said something to the effect of how the government should stay out of health care and make that an issue between the doctor and the patient. Well, the reason we need cheaper health care is because people can't afford doctors! D'oh!
The medium is the message!
Bush is by no standards unintelligent. Now, I'm not advocating the war in any way at all, nor do I support Bush, but he had a valid point in searching for weapons of mass destruction. Iraq didn’t have any weapons of mass destruction, but by restricting inspectors, it acted as if it did. That's dangerous anyway, because it could have scared Iran into building their nukes. That's exactly what was happening. Libya turned over their nukes without a fight due to Iraq. Also, the war in Iraq could be the death of Al Qaeda. They've shown their willingness to attack Muslims along with the States, which history might show to be the beginning of their end.

Now, I don't agree with the war, but, all things considered, Bush is not stupid. I don't think it's possible for a person to get into that position of power without being at least slightly intelligent, bar the traditional monarchies of the Middle Ages.
Quote by Xodah
Marry me.

Quote by ..NEM..
Awesome nickname, awesome sentence under the nickname and awesome avatar. Awesome opinion too. And awesome quote. I like you.
Quote by mdsmith1

in my opinion you seem just as arrogant as the people you criticize.
Last edited by skaguitarist53 at Jan 29, 2008,
Quote by mdsmith1

You are so full of crap.

If you are going to make a claim like that SUPPORT it.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Quote by g.siddarth
Bush is by no standards unintelligent. Now, I'm not advocating the war in any way at all, nor do I support Bush, but he had a valid point in searching for weapons of mass destruction. Iraq didn’t have any weapons of mass destruction, but by restricting inspectors, it acted as if it did. That's dangerous anyway, because it could have scared Iran into building their nukes. That's exactly what was happening. Libya turned over their nukes without a fight due to Iraq. Also, the war in Iraq could be the death of Al Qaeda. They've shown their willingness to attack Muslims along with the States, which history might show to be the beginning of their end.

Now, I don't agree with the war, but, all things considered, Bush is not stupid. I don't think it's possible for a person to get into that position of power without being at least slightly intelligent, bar the traditional monarchies of the Middle Ages.

my qualm isn't with the war itself necessarily, but more so the way he presented it. he made it out to be a direct response to 9/11, which seems kind of shitty to me.
Page 1 of 4