Has anyone tried this? In the somewhat near future I might try this if it sounds pretty good. I guess it could work, since they already 'sound' like a guitar amp. It might have less warmth than a real guitar amp though. What do you guys think?

And while we're at it, can you name some modellers with good cleans? Not too bothered with effects, and I might use it with my 6505+. Of course, the cheaper, the better, but I'm willing to wait a little longer if it's worth it.

EDIT: now that I think about it, it might not be a good idea, since I play metal...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Jan 29, 2008,
Umm what exactly would be the point? Gigging? Recording?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Practice for keyboard and a little recording I guess.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Why would you want a modeller without effects? Besides that, if you're using a modeller for amp sims than a keyboard amp is the way to go (unless you buy an atomic tube amp which are designed to work with modellers) since keyboard amps by nature are made to be relatively colourless as possible (milage varies) so a good modeller with excellent amp sims will sound as close as they're supposed too.
I didn't say I didn't want effects, I just said I don't use them alot. How's the amp sim on the Vox Tonelab compared to Boss' GT series? What about Line 6 or Digitech, any info on those?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
ya, most people ive seen doing it sounded pretty nice
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by ambush_xx
you could get a tech 21 sansamp, just putting it out there

Yah, but that wouldn't have as much range as a keyboard amp, would it?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
why stop with a keyboard amp? get a 2000w power amp aalong with speaker cab and plug ur multi effects preamp into that sucker for some sonic meltdown. mwhahahahah
Quote by 1337void
why stop with a keyboard amp? get a 2000w power amp aalong with speaker cab and plug ur multi effects preamp into that sucker for some sonic meltdown. mwhahahahah

I got my 6505+ for that...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Until a few days ago this was my exact setup!

I used a Pod XT into a Roland KC120 (60 watt keyboard amp) as I play keyboards as well. It sounded decent and would go plenty loud, at least for me. It sounded nice, a bit more bottom-end than one typically gets out of a guitar amp, but the Pod's EQ took care of this. In my opinion amp modelers will sound best being played through a PA or other amp designed to have a fairly flat response.

I ended up buying a Crate v32 because once I heard my Strat through a tube amp, it was all over. Now I use the Pod through the effects return (some would call this blasphemy but I'm out of $$$). As for the keyboard amp, it's for keys only now.
I did this with a Crate Keyboard amp and it works pretty nice. Keyboard amps are noisy though, so you won't be able to get too loud with drowning in noise, but otherwise, they make great practice setups. Same can be done with Bass amps, though Bass amps are rather quiet, making them a bit better for the job.