so ive been playing guitar for about 2 years and im still on my squier strat so i think its time for new guitar. The amp im using right now is a vox ad30vt. i play to thrash metal, hard rock, classic rock and if im in the mood blues and shred. My budget is about 1300 canadian. so far ive been checking out the esp mh-1000 with emgs, im going to try the schecter c-1 hellraiser fr and ive been checking out some sg's. I want a floyd or at lease some kind of tremolo and 24 frets would be nice.

thanks
Some Ibanez (RG?? maybe) or that Schecter would be perfect. I've personally played the Schecter (without the Floyd Rose) and it played beautifully. An ESP might work too (if they even come with tremolos?)
I'm not sure, but I really like the Schecter. I vote Hellraiser.
Pretty much a Shecter Hellraiser is your best bet. Some other shecters, like the C-1, and some of the diamond series, (There is a specific one that I love, but the Shecter site is down, and I don't remember the name)
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Quote by Sam_Prillaman
sg's are cool check out a better shecter than the hellraiser

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. next. the hellrasiers are like their flagship and are quickly becoming an industry standard for quality. check the sig. i have a handmade carvin and i play the hellraiser more. its a dream of a guitar. cant reccomend it enough.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
thanks

anymore suggestions

and do you mean just the normal hellraiser or the c-1 hellraiser that i was talking about
Honestly, for your styles, I'd recommend the C-1 Blackjack FR (not the ATX). The SD pickups are passive, but will get you metal/classic rock/blues tones quite easily. If you ever decide that you can do without a trem, try a C-1 Classic.

And by normal Hellraiser, he meant the Tune-O-Matic/string-thru version, not the Floyd Rose one.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
I'd say a RG maybe and if you don't get a prestige, replace the bridge ASAP, but other than that i don't have much to offer you, visit some sites to see what's out there then try them out to see how you REALLY feel about them, i loved SG's for ever until i played one, then i was immediately turned off, that's just me tho. It's all about hit and miss.
i own the non floyd but i have played the floyd equipped one many a time. i just can justify a floyd and therefore got the string through. its an OFR so the quality is amazing and the pull is smooth and true. if you can justify a floyd then i would say the C-1 Hellraiser FR is the way to go. Schecter did however just release the new C-1 BlackJack ATX series. its got a cool matte finish in either black or white and comes with Seymour Duncans new blackouts(which i installed on my C-1 Hellraiser and LOVE!) check those out too.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Honestly, for your styles, I'd recommend the C-1 Blackjack FR (not the ATX). QUOTE]
sorry for the double post but thats awful funny. two completely different opinions in the same thread at almost the exact same time. God i love UG!
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
A lot depends on how much of that you want to spend.

By European standards that almost gets you a real GIBSON SG SPECIAL EB. That would be the best you could get in terms of play and resale. And yes people don't like them much. Me for example!

When it comes to bang for buck black Ibanez's are worth exploring. They have a trem that you'll overuse on ever number! Plenty left over for boxes and effects to take you in to space. Even the low priced ones are very playable.

Have a look at what sells in "heavy" guitars - that is worth knowing. Ignore the location.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/cat_PG_1.html?gf=heavy_guitars&oa=pra
Stop showing off and play the music!