Would some people probably want to trade a peavey 5150 212 for the Head?
also, if i were to sell it to a music store how much do you think they would give me?
possibly enough to buy a used head?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
a store probably wouldn't give you a good deal on it. best bet would be for you to put it up on ebay or craigslist to get the most out of it.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
yeah dont sell it to a gc they are just tryin to make money. I took my 5150 head in just to see and they offered me $400..
^^+1

Like he said, best thing to do is go on ebay or craiglist. To get a rough idea of what you can expect from either selling it to a music store or pawnshop, do the following:

1. Look up how much COMPLETED listings for the same item have sold on ebay.
2. Take that amount, and divide that in half.
3. Don't add any amount even if it's in perfect condition, but subtract $5-$10 if less than mint.

That's about what they'll give you in cash. If you look to try and trade it in or get in-store credit, you might make a little more, but not much and never what you would get for it on ebay or craigslist.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
okay, should i try and sell it for how much the head would be worth or ebay/craiglist? since thats what i'm aiming to buy after. and they are the same retail price
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by lua4x
okay, should i try and sell it for how much the head would be worth or ebay/craiglist? since thats what i'm aiming to buy after. and they are the same retail price

You would get the most money out of it that way.

Don't count out Craigslist either, you might happen upon someone that's looking to do a trade for what you want.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
true
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Yeah, GC only offered me $400 for my combo as well, they actually sold the one there for cheaper than I sold mine for.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Any guitar place usually only gives you 40% or less of whats its actually worth just remember that...

Always try and sell it first or trade it....

Also sometimes you can get away with making them a deal at the store on trading it in instead of selling it. You might bump that 40% up to 60%, it still sucks but sometimes its worth it so you dont have to hassle with people when you trying to sell it.
Quote by lua4x
Would some people probably want to trade a peavey 5150 212 for the Head?
also, if i were to sell it to a music store how much do you think they would give me?
possibly enough to buy a used head?

were do you live lol, i got a 6505 combo
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by sirlimecat
were do you live lol, i got a 6505 combo

I'm pretty sure he has the combo, he just wrote it wrong so it's kinda confusing
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
AW meh its cool, you think plugging the combo into a cab sounds the same as the head?
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by sirlimecat
AW meh its cool, you think plugging the combo into a cab sounds the same as the head?

Arn't they different wattages? They're bound to respond a little differently, but probably not enough for most to notice.
ROGER, thanks
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
i have 2 reasons
1. louder if ever needing it (probably wont)
2 less of a damn the thing weighs more than a tonne
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay