So today I went over to my local GC and picked up a Schecter Elite-5 (I can't upload pic's right now because internet issues or something). I got it in the honey sunburst and I think its just beautiful

I was worried that the finished neck would be a problem but over the few times I played it at the store I noticed that it wasn't really a big deal at all, and I actually think it's really comfortable.

I haven't really had a chance to mess around with the controls too much but from what I have messed around with, it's just as versatile as everyone else has said in the past. I'm loving the 5th string, it's really nice and convenient for drop tuning from what I've been messing around with playing.

Overall I love this bass so far and I don't see that changing, just thought I'd share my new addition with you guys and girls here on the forum.

Oh and I have a quick question:

The tuners and bridge have become a little tarnished while sitting in GC, what would be the best way to clean them off?
host pics off of imageavenue
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by IndianRockStar
Some kind of polish?

And congrats on getting the Schecter, they are IMO one of the best kept "secrets" in the mid ranged bass world.

They are the BEST kept secret. And should stay a secret as far as I'm concerned I dislike them a bunch. Congrats on the buy though TS. Now, go buy a GK and you would have the worst setup I could probably imagine.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
They are the BEST kept secret. And should stay a secret as far as I'm concerned I dislike them a bunch. Congrats on the buy though TS. Now, go buy a GK and you would have the worst setup I could probably imagine.

Why do you dislike Schecters, I know why you hate GK but what could be wrong with Schecter?

and I'm running it through either my Crate BT100 or my 15 watt Hartke..so it can't be all that much better than a GK..

Here are a couple pictures I got to work.

Your new Schecter is gorgeous. Congrats.

Also, you have the cleanest carpet of all time.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

That finish on the back of the necks put me off them completely. It feels like I'm playing on a neck covered in lacquer... oh wait! I AM. Plus, the humbucker, in any of it's forms, to me, sounds awful.
I have the exact same bass, looks even better in the flesh doesnt it!

and once you get a bit of time with the tone controls, you will know you have made the right choice!

congrats man!
Schecters? Best kept secret? Aren't Schecters like... the second most popular bass brand on this forum... if not first (i.e. Fender)? They're hardly a secret.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Schecters? Best kept secret? Aren't Schecters like... the second most popular bass brand on this forum... if not first (i.e. Fender)? They're hardly a secret.

But your forgetting about the rest of the bass world. People are starting to know about them more and more, but they're still relatively unknown

And Bales, you should try a studio. The neck on that doesn't have the lacquered feel.

Don't get me wrong, if someone were to hand me a Warwick and tell me I would have to give up my Schecter, I would totally do it, but IMO Schecter's higher end models completely outclass a MIM Fenders. If you expect it to be as good as a MIA Fender, than you are missing the point completely.
I just expect it to have that not lacquered feel. And they do, for the most part, because apparently the studio doesn't have it. I also expect it to not have that humbucker sound which is inescapably undesirable sounding. That is one thing all Schecters have.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I just expect it to have that not lacquered feel. And they do, for the most part, because apparently the studio doesn't have it. I also expect it to not have that humbucker sound which is inescapably undesirable sounding. That is one thing all Schecters have.

I'm going to go ahead and doubt you've played and heard all Schecters, as well as all basses with humbuckers, as well as all variations of GK heads.

I'm also going to point out not all Schecters have a lacquered neck.

I'm also going to point out your taste isn't the be all end all taste of the world.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
I have not played all Schecters no. But I've played two or three different ones and have a good grasp on what their general bass is like. Just lke I haven't played all of Fender's basses but I have a good grasp on what most of their basses are going to sound and feel like. The same thing goes for humbuckered basses and GK's.

As for my opinion being the be-all-end-all that's where you're wrong, I am god after all.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I have not played all Schecters no. But I've played two or three different ones and have a good grasp on what their general bass is like. Just lke I haven't played all of Fender's basses but I have a good grasp on what most of their basses are going to sound and feel like. The same thing goes for humbuckered basses and GK's.

As for my opinion being the be-all-end-all that's where you're wrong, I am god after all.

AH HA! But you admit that you haven't played such a Schecter where the neck doesn't feel lacquered, and thus have constitutionally contradicted your godly statement!

yes. or something. idk. *runs away*
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
You know Bales, even if you were a Hemi-demi-semigod, you would have done the following a long time ago.

1. Made all Schecters necks non-laquered and all humbuckers sound to your liking.
2 Or in a fit of fury, banished both from the face of the earth and every other planet you have authority on.

And to the TS, I'm not a huge fan of Schecters, but that is a very nice looking bass. Congrats.
^Yeah, and Jazzy, if you're an acolyte, and the evil acolyte of me, what does that make me? (please don't remove my mention from your sig, it's far too symbolic)

But it's true - humbuckers have not given me a tone I can stand. The worst offender is a twin-jazz on a Warwick Vampyre. Ironically enough, blending it with a single jazz gives me one of the prettiest tones I've ever heard.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Jan 31, 2008,