He's so awesome. I remember when I watched skate boarding he always amazed me.
SPACE FOR RENT
rodney mullen is my fave skater i like the stuff he can doo
most of it looks impossible but farr he is good
i duno y he isent on the covers of the games instead of tony hawk

watch this one to http://youtube.com/watch?v=1U-cgn3cEGA it looks more recent
 [color="Navy"]_____         _____ _          _ _____   _     [/COLOR] 
[color="Blue"]|  _  |_ _ ___|   __|_|___    _| |  |  |_| |___ [/COLOR] 
[color="RoyalBlue"]|     | | |_ -|__   | | -_|  | . |  |  | . | -_|[/COLOR]
[color="Cyan"]|__|__|___|___|_____|_|___|  |___|_____|___|___|[/COLOR]

that is the sex
Last edited by AusSie dUde at Jan 29, 2008,
Rodney is awesome, street and flatland skaters are generally more exciting anyway, i mean vert it's just he goes up, he goes down and repeat with street it's more like BANK, rail, rail, stairs, ledge, rail, bank, bank, table, bench, flatland, etc
Rodney mullen is a god. He has a masters or somthing in physics and before every trick he does on a rail or somthing he checks out the height and dimensions to make sure he can pull it off just right....
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Quote by killedbyaspork
Rodney mullen is a god. He has a masters or somthing in physics and before every trick he does on a rail or somthing he checks out the height and dimensions to make sure he can pull it off just right....
Yeah seriously. What an odd dude. I think he designed a deck (Almost), that the center of gravity on it is exactly in the middle of it.
I have a theory that he isn't even human. He's a robot programmed to skate, and thats all.
Quote by Turd_Ferguson
I have a theory that he isn't even human. He's a robot programmed to skate, and thats all.
Actually, that's Eric Koston. If you've seen that episode of American Misfits, you know what I'm talking about.
Yeah, I'm not really a skate fan but its nice to see someone original who doesn't just pull off that same trick I've seen done a thousand times. Anyone who can take something and innovate certainly deserves some respect.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Rodney mullen is awsome, one of my favorite skaters, as well as Geoff Rowly
I was always amazed by some of the stuff he can do. If I had to pick a favorite skater, even though I'm not into skating that much, it would probably be him.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
If shredding is possible on a skateboard...

Rodney Mullen's doing it.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
I can do that Just kidding. I can ollie and almost kickflip. Thats it. Lol. Thats impossible what he's doing.
Quote by metal4life592
I was always amazed by some of the stuff he can do. If I had to pick a favorite skater, even though I'm not into skating that much, it would probably be him.
That's why he rocks. Most of the time when you see someone skate, it's kickflip, ride, ollie/grind stairs. This guy makes it even look fun.
I thought Rodney Mullen was cool when I first started skating, around 2001. After a while, I moved on to other skaters, but I still have a lot of respect for the old Mutt. He kicks ass.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by BoredGuitarist7
I can do that Just kidding. I can ollie and almost kickflip. Thats it. Lol. Thats impossible what he's doing.

what hes doing isnt impossible, it just takes years of practice to perfect it like him
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
Quote by jermzxsugarx
what hes doing isnt impossible, it just takes years of practice to perfect it like him
Haha. It's more of a "one in a million" kind of thing. There's a reason why NO ONE in any skate video does this kind of stuff.
Oh wow! I Hadn't seen one of these threads since my days as a skate forum junkie.

Here's an analogy for comparing guitarists and skateboards.

Rail destroyers and gap killers are skateboarding's equivilent to shredders, it takes talent to do what they do, but for some reason the '1337s' look down upon them.

"Creative" skaters are like bluesmen. Their are more of these guys out than anyone really thinks, maybe not the most technical, but they get mad respect for originality.

Tech skaters (like Mullen) are like classical players. Amazing control and skill, but you can get bored of 'em after a while.

Dork trick doers are like powermetal. Awesome and hilarious at the same time.
Member of the vegetarian club

Arbor AF-100
Cheap Kona

Boss PH-2
Ibanez DC10
NYC Big Muff
Little Alligator
Peavey Rockmaster
TC G-Major
FCB1010
BBE 401 Maxie
Boss RC-20

70's Fender PA 100
Last edited by Captirk at Jan 29, 2008,
Everyone here go watch the documentary of him on youtube if you haven't.

He's who I base all my tricks around
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by stringmagician
Rodney got me skating

being a pussy stopped me
Rodney got me skating, and he's the reason why I quit too. :P No not really. I don't even know why I started. I thought the skateboards in Walmart looked cool. :\
He is totally my favorite too...
My Gear:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guitars:
Gibson Explorer, Worn Cherry-

Amps:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 - 1 x 12 Combo, 100 watts, Hybrid

Effects:
Blues Driver Keeley Modded
o isnt he on some skateboarding game like hony tawk's Pro skatboarder?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by fob12
Haha. It's more of a "one in a million" kind of thing. There's a reason why NO ONE in any skate video does this kind of stuff.

well actually, there is daewon song, Brett Novak and quite a ****load of other flatland freestylers, its just mullen pretty much invented half the tricks in skateboarding from the flatland ollie and kickflip to underflips and shedloads of others.