simple questions
what makes a good song for YOU?
and what makes a song catchy?
also what kind of things you like in a song
you know like instrumental bridges or really energic chorrus
just say what you like in a song
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Last edited by litus at Jan 29, 2008,
Soul

and sweet bass
=]
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Guitars go from high to low pitch at fast speeds
Drums going insane, but staying in tempo with rest of song
Drums with double bass
loud bass
mixture of screaming and singing

Yeah I pretty much explained the whole album "Waking the Fallen" by A7X, but yeah thats about it.
Really low-tuned or 7-string guitars...it doesn't matter what style of music they're used in, but if it has that in it, I'm probably gonna like it.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
Quote by vintage x metal
Soul

and sweet bass
=]

Definitely, but sometimes a really soulful song might lack the sweet bass :| Then again it's not soulful if there is none. Muahah.

Dynamic or "ear-pleasing" guitar. At least something sensible and is non-repetitive.
A bass that effectively sandwiches the guitar and drums, with color and style at best of course. Or the bass leading the way.
Drums should make your heart either explode or melt out of the pores of your body.

I guess that's it
you need a nice chord progression over the song and a great solo, i think a good example would be somthing like Slow Dancing In A Burning Room by John Mayer but there are many others

Proud member of the Stratocaster Lover's Group
I actually don't know. Some songs it's because of the chords, others because of the guitar solo, others with the "groove", etc.