Ive just got into a heavey rock/metal band as bass player and looking for some comments from other experienced bass players as to what sort of amps are best for a real fat and dirty sound on stage.

Cost is not a problem - I just want something amazing, memorable and spanking!!!

Obviously, i will use an overdrive pedal for dirty sound etc but am not familar enough with the various types of amps out there.

I have been told a Gallien Krugger 1001 RB is pretty good. Although have been told Ashdowns are pretty good too,...

Any comments???
Wrong forum. But, I find an amp with great tone, like a Vox, to be great. And if you really wanna sound insanely awesome, turn the Gain on the amp on and plug your Dist. Pedal in too, then pump up the gain all the way on both. You get the "Dimebag" kinda sound.
It doesn't really matter what people think the "best" amp is, just try out a lot of them and buy the one with the tone that makes the hair on your arms stand up.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic