Hey guys, I've fallen in love with this riff/sound in the song "Too Many Humans". I've been trying to figure it out and I just cant. If you go to the link and go to 3:31 he switches the tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7eQg0nqH5A

It sounds like a les paul with reverb and a muff... I get close to the rest of the song on my strat and Big muff Pi, I just need help with that one part... maybe an octave pedal?
My guess is a pitch shifter but I could be way off.
Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Ibanez S-470 with Seymour Duncans
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge
that would be his whammy pedal with the octave down mixed with the original signal. most if not all octave pedals can do the same thing, but he is most definitely using the whammy on that.
Time to get a digitech whammy.... Which would also help me play marooned more accurately...
is that like in response to the Primus song "Too Many Puppies" I know buckethead and les claypool jammed a lot
Peace , Love , Death Metal

Quote by Super_Duper_Guy
It probably started at $55 but then he thought "You know what? F&*$ them. 1 dollar extra. pwned noobs."
That bastard...
Quote by HelpMeImHungry
is that like in response to the Primus song "Too Many Puppies" I know buckethead and les claypool jammed a lot

I think it was part of a theme of the earth bein screwed up by humand on the album electric tears. Check out the titles on the album and also population overdrive... Awesome albums
OK, to ressurect this thread, I just got a digitech whammy. I just dont know if he uses one of the presets like octave up/down solely or uses 2 tracks and mixes them. Anyone have any insight on this?