Which artist do you think puts the most personality into their music?

Page 1 of 3
And by that, I mean it sounds less like somebody strumming chords, and more like somebody expressing themselves through their music.
For older stuff I'd have to say Joe Walsh.

For current stuff Interpol.

I'm not good when it comes to describing music and genres and what-not, so I'll just leave it at that.
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
John Frusciante. John Butler.

I've got a thing for the John's.

+1, but I would also like to add Andy Mckee. He puts his soul into his stuff.
John Frusciante More Than Anyone!
Gear:
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
Marshall TSL-601
Squire Strat
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

I'm in a chain of memories, it's my will
Quote by toshiro umezewa
well, he said artists, so, that would be a no unless the TS restates the question.

tbf all artists put some of themselves in their work

but i'd probably say; Serj Tankian expresses himself as a person

Morrisey obviously

Zepplin fo' sho'

and i think Joy Division and New Order had alot of personality in their muic
Quote by imthehitcher
so is this just guitarists?

Lol, already got flamed once for asking what your favorite guitar song was, so I am going to say no, it is not just guitarists. Although the only real music is music with guitars.
In my opinion, I would have to say it would be Buckethead. He is music has the most emotion out of all the others. I'm sure many of you are thinking, "Psh, buckethead, he doesn't even do much during shows etc. What about jordan? Not much emotion there." Well, this is about music. Regardless of moving around during stage doing the rockstar thing, buckethead is more refrained, but his emotions really show when you just listen to it.

Try listening to Padmasana or his electric tears album. I was listening to it today and it almost made me cry
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Quote by BoredGuitarist7
Lol, already got flamed once for asking what your favorite guitar song was, so I am going to say no, it is not just guitarists. Although the only real music is music with guitars.

but you could have meant how puts there own personal touch to their guitar playing, as opposed to the entire piece

like Tom Morello always has a certain individual flair no matter what context his guitar work is in, you ll know it's him init
Miles Davis.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
I would say Brent Smith of Shinedown. He throws all of himself into his vocals and lyrics.
Stephen Malkmus.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
*puts up flameshield* Kurt Cobain. His singing and lyrics sound so deep, that you can just feel it. And then with his unique playing sound, it's just beautiful IMO.

Or Stevie Ray Vaughan. Especially in Texas flood, I feel like he's touching me.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Uhh.. Frank Zappa?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Muse.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
zack de la rocha hands down
My Rig:

Schecter C-1+
Washburn X12QVS
Ibanez RG7321
Ovation Celebrity Acoustic-Electric
Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Crate Practice Amp
Marshall G80CDR
Maxon OD808
Oh, Jad Fair from Half Japanese does, too. And Daniel Johnston. And Shannon Hoon..

Crazy, crazy.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
froooooosh
Quote by Tom_hatton

Second of all, you are female. Therefore, you do not deserve an opinion.

Quote by Rock'N'Soul
Oh! I'm also happy I was the fastest sperm.

Quote by Megadeth2011
That is quite possibly one of the best ideas someone has told me yet. Crackattack ur pretty smart.
I would say all these people who have dedicated their lives to playing music have likely put their personalities into it, it just depends on which personality then appeals to you or is the most attention grabbing or something. But +1 for Zappa.
Or any blues great. Robert Johnson or someone that put emotion behind every note.
Fundamentally everyone is putting their personality into their music. Folk musicians love the simple things in life, and sing about what's important to them, and that shows in their music - simple chords, political or down to earth lyrics.

I say one of the most expressive players is Steve Vai, he can make any sound he wants to on his guitar, he can make it speak his voice.
Jack White's personality beams through his music. From mellow songs like "We Are Going To Be Friends" to thrashing rock of "Black Math" to dark blues of "300 mph Torrential Outpoor Blues" to funny simple songs like "Rag & Bone" to Irish ballads like "Prickly Thorn..." of White Stripes. And he even worked with Loretta Lynn on a country album, Van Lear Rose, and has another band, The Raconteurs, that really brings out his pop side with help from Brandon Benson. And he plays a mad guitar.
Beethoven's music is very fitting with his personality.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Rivers Cuomo

especially on Pinkerton. it sounds like he just took pages out of his diary and wrote music to go with it. amazing.
Santana, Clapton, Paco de Lucia... and a lot of others really.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Really to say so myself, I think Alter Bridge. I like the way they sound so original and the solo's kick ass
Srv!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RAW ROCK KILLS!- ShowBread
Hello, My name is Armando and im your bunny
Elliott Smith definitely.
Daryl Palumbo (with Glassjaw)
And I'll second Max Bemis.

Not necessarily my favorite artists, but certainly the ones where I can feel the artist's personality shows through the most.
I'd have to say Jesse Leach when he sang for Killswitch Engage
RIP:
"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
Clifford Lee Burton

You'll all be missed

Disciple of Åkerfeldtism
Quote by PinkIsCool
Conor Oberst fo' sho'.

+1
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

Claudio Sanchez, hes shy in real life, but damn does he get emotional in his performances, and his lyrics show his personality in music form
Page 1 of 3