Have any of you tried out the UK 70's model on the Vox AD30VT? Is it just me or does it sound terribly muddy and bass-y and just very very unpleasant? all the other models are fine, but the UK 70s is just terrible?
Is it just my EQ-ing? or my stock epiphone pickups? or does the setting just suck?
ya, teh 80s tone is better on them
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
I really don't use that one much. Mostly AC30, UK Modern, and the Tweed.

I don't know... maybe I just have a bad ear from playing crappy amps for so long ha ha but everything on it sounds pretty damn good to me.
My Music
[thread="475365"]My Fender Strat[/thread]
Starter of the Caught my Guitar on Fire club.
It is quite bassy, but with a bit of EQing it's not so bad. I use it quite a lot.
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz
Read the manual. It will tell you how to get the most from this model. It is based on the Marshall JTM45 Bluesbreaker. You only get the best from this model when you play it with both the channel and master knobs cranked full, and personally having the gain up full is the best way too. Never mind UK 80's, this is vintage AC/DC tone. I used to hate UK 70's for the same reason till I started messing with it properly. Incidentally, try maxing all volume and gain on the Boutique Clean moder for some really nice natural OD.
Quote by greggybhoy
Read the manual. It will tell you how to get the most from this model. It is based on the Marshall JTM45 Bluesbreaker. You only get the best from this model when you play it with both the channel and master knobs cranked full, and personally having the gain up full is the best way too. Never mind UK 80's, this is vintage AC/DC tone. I used to hate UK 70's for the same reason till I started messing with it properly. Incidentally, try maxing all volume and gain on the Boutique Clean moder for some really nice natural OD.

You mean it doesn't sound as good at low volumes. So if I'm using 1 or 2 all the time the sound will be poorer?
Huh, i tried maxing out the volume, master, and the gain, and that really does help with the muddiness and the bad tone...Looks like i'm gonna be using this model more than i thought..

Thanks for the advice greggybhoy
Quote by greggybhoy

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

it's based on a 100 watt 1959 super lead, aka plexi.

and UK 80's is a JCM800, which angus didn't use much. he used plexis most of the time, which means the UK 70's is the AC/DC tone.
To be honest... this is your epiphone dude : / I had a standard epi once, and it sounded like crap with some of this vox amp models. Now I have a strat and... well, everything has changed. The 70's tone is fantastic for hendrix - like stuff. It gives nice, warm bluesy sound with a little kick and some overdrive sparkles.

cheers
My Rig:

+Epiphone AJ100 acoustic
+Fender 60th. Anniversary Stratocaster
+Vox AD30VT
+Vox V847a Wah

look all i wanted was for someone to give me advice on what to do not to slag me off ok

Want advice? Suck yourself off.