Page 1 of 2
What do you think is the hardest thrash song to play on guitar? it can be from like 80s thrash up to now.. i wanna learn something complicated but fun.. ive learned alot of old metallica, slayer, and exodus ****..
Quote by kirkisking
Were you like, physically abused as a child or something?

Squier HSS
Jackson Ke2
Marshall MG100HDFX
Boss METALZONE
Quote by chea_man
why dont chicks have tits on their back for slow dancing?
because sometimes, my friend, there can be too much of a good thing
well, for current thrash I would have to say breakaway by kelly clarkson is pretty brutally hard to play...
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77
well, for current thrash I would have to say breakaway by kelly clarkson is pretty brutally hard to play...

hahahah dousche bag...thankss ill look into it
Quote by kirkisking
Were you like, physically abused as a child or something?

Squier HSS
Jackson Ke2
Marshall MG100HDFX
Boss METALZONE
Quote by chea_man
why dont chicks have tits on their back for slow dancing?
because sometimes, my friend, there can be too much of a good thing
in terms of riffs id have to say raining blood
the solos would either have to be fermented offal discharge or tornado of souls
first mistake, LAST MISTAKE!!!!

currently have my septum, tongue and labret pierced
shall be starting on my ears soon
Tornado of souls and Fermented offal discharge are worlds appart when it comes to difficulty!
...And the worms ate into his brain.
What exactly do we consider Trash? Does Racer X count? The non-instrumentals might fit the bill... 17th Moon maybe? I dunno, I'm not good with genres.
try Deathamphetamine - Exodus

it sounds kinda tough
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
yeah most songs off reign in blood.
racor x or whatever its called, paul gilberts stuff and some early mustaine
Slayer?
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Early Megadeth should give you a fair challenge. Then try some Death or Possessed, they veer a little more into the extreme metal category, but their roots are in thrash. And if your open to all genres, then check out Paul Gilbert's stuff like many people already stated. Riff wise I think you should also check out Sepultura and Kreator if you already haven't. Hope I helped in your metal journey.
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
I think "Sleepwalker" by Megadeth is an amazing technical thrash tune. Great solos, killer riffing.

Try "Funeral Hymn" and "Iconoclasm" from "The Atrocity Exhibition" by Exodus, it's just an amazingly technical thrash album, the soloing will just kick your balls into place.

Try the thrash thread, it is by far the best thread in the Metal forum, because it is about the best metal sub genre ever.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Angel of Death by Slayer
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due by Megadeth(Trust me, a LOT harder than it sounds)
Master of Puppets by Metallica(Easy tab, but tough to play for a show, and to put it all together is hard for some)
Quote by nintendocly
During practice once, my bass player was trying to act cool and headbang and I hit him in the face with sharp head of my washburn (accident maybe). Theres still a tiny bit of blood in my guitar, I think its kinda cool
Slayer "Metal Storm/Face The Slayer"
Megadeth "Hanger 18" the intro still gets me.
PeaceLoveUnityRespect
Quote by freddaahh
I think "Sleepwalker" by Megadeth is an amazing technical thrash tune. Great solos, killer riffing.

Try "Funeral Hymn" and "Iconoclasm" from "The Atrocity Exhibition" by Exodus, it's just an amazingly technical thrash album, the soloing will just kick your balls into place.

Try the thrash thread, it is by far the best thread in the Metal forum, because it is about the best metal sub genre ever.

+1
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by EirikFtw
Tornado of souls and Fermented offal discharge are worlds appart when it comes to difficulty!

And genre.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Poison was the Cure - Megadeth, as far as thrash rhythm. That song has a pretty crazy solo too, I haven't even tried to learn it.
Anything from Rust In Peace or ...And Justice For All should do you.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Down-picking all of Dyer's Eve by Metallica....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
nice sig. MG half stack? Thats hot. I have a spider we must be like twins or something.

ok back to topic Trash... OK well its not like 80s thrash but Clenching The Fists of Dissent by Machine Head is pretty freaking intense. Gotta batteryish kinda feel with the acoustic start.
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Orange 1x12 Cab with Vintage 30's.
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

Blackened!!!!!!!!!
Fallen Into the Abyss of indignity, Doubt Does Not exist Or Dome Into Being Ignominious and Pale
Creeping Death by Metallica.

It's difficult to keep that main riff going after a while.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Sugar We're Going Down.
BrO0tAly hard.
Typical pit answer?
Hmmm, try some good ol' Slayer, maybe Trivium.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Constant Motion by Dream Theater
Not a full on thrash band but the song definately is!
it's pretty technical but its soooo much fun!
Join the Thrash Brootherhood, my friend!

Also, I'd say Battery. I can wrap my fingers around just about anything I put my mind to, but this little ****er I simply can't do. Also, the intro to Thrasher by Evile is a little too fast for me. Oh, and that Coroner riff I can't quite recall... That just makes me **** myself and die.
Yeah megadeth has some pretty hard thrash riffs, especially stuff like Wake Up Dead, some complex power chord riffs there
Why has most of the post been about metallica or megadeth. Give testament some credit man they have some great stuff. Try practice what you preach or sins of omission from testament. YOu might also wanna try Impact is imminent from Exodus
If you know how to chug away at your low E string for 5 minutes straight, you pretty much know how to play every thrash song there is.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
Quote by Dimebag Dave
If you know how to chug away at your low E string for 5 minutes straight, you pretty much know how to play every thrash song there is.

Stereotypes ...
try some Testament, over the wall is awesome if not particularly hard to play.
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Old : Megadeth - anything off the Rust In Peace, tornado of souls or hangar 18

New : not much real "thrash" around these days, but im going to have to go with Evile - Thrasher
Page 1 of 2