Hey guys, my friend has a problem. He went to China and hes been searching for an electric guitar for quite a while. His cheap-ass mum sees one in some crappy Chinese store (I'm not being racist, I'm Chinese myself) and insists on buying this guitar. It's like 100 bucks, electric guitar. No brand. I'm sure that you all know how mothers are.

As you would expect, the guitar is complete bullshate. The open strings can be tuned perfectly fine, but when you play a note (i.e. pressing a fret) the string goes out of tune. Complete bs. My mate tried to get a refund but in China, you can't get crap out of a faulty product. So he's stuck with a guitar that won't stay in tune, and his mum is not going to get him another guitar. She's just like 'no, you've got a guitar'. But moron mums don't know crap about a guitar being in tune so she REFUSES to listen to him trying to explain how it goes out of tune. So no help from that direction..

Is there anything my friend could do for his crappy guitar? Do you guys know anything that can help?
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Even on the very cheapest of guitars, nine times out of ten when a guitar has tuning problems, it's because either it wasn't re-strung correctly, or if it has a tremolo bridge, it could simply be the trem needs adjusting.

I mean hell I've played even just £60 guitars that held their tuning just fine once they were re-strung properly.
Quote by bokuho
Even on the very cheapest of guitars, nine times out of ten when a guitar has tuning problems, it's because either it wasn't re-strung correctly, or if it has a tremolo bridge, it could simply be the trem needs adjusting.

I mean hell I've played even just £60 guitars that held their tuning just fine once they were re-strung properly.

Good point. All my hardtails had slight tuning issues, until I learned how you're supposed to wrap the string ends around the tuning pegs just so.
bridge may be misaligned or the nut may be misaligned. that would contribute

your friends guitar needs a "small accident" to happen so he no longer has a guitar and he can get a new one
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Buy his own guitar.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Even just crappy and/or small guage strings will go out of tune quicker than thicker ones (atleast in my experience). My old 9-46 Blue Steels set needed to be retuned pretty much every 20 minutes to an hour depending on how much bending I did. I got my 11-50 set of Boomers and it still needs to be retuned atleast one a day (usually twice, once at the beginning and once midway through), but atleast I dont have to retune it 6 times a day now. Boy, I cant wait for that S470 with a locking bridge.
Chain:
Fingers -> Schecter Damien FR -> Fulltone OCD -> ABY Box -> Bugera V22 / Peavey 6505+
Thats like my nieces guitar except the open strings go out of tune
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest