i have an rg350 and i noticed that when i lock the strings and then make a dive theres this cracking sound any help
ƒuck your nuts
a cracking sound through the amp, or just an acoustic sound?
could be something wearing out if its an edgeIII
Yea, it's the knife edges wearing out. I have the same prob man. If you have enough funds, you could swap out the Edge III with an OFR, no routing needed. Its just a direct switch.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
lol, knife edges make cracking sounds when they wear out? hmm..i haven't heard that...but that may just be my ignorance...my edge III gets dive bombed regularly, and it holds perfect tuning after about a year and a half now. so...it may be the springs in the back of the body? or the locking nut, i have no clue, as mine doesn't do this
^

Don't know about you man, but the sound in my Edge III is definitely coming from the knife edges. Might not be the same problem as the TS is having though, so i can't really say for sure. Could just be that mine is a little more screwed up (if thats possible) than the other Edge IIIs.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
I bet it's just the springs in the trem cavity creaking.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull

Agreed.
Quote by steven seagull

u sure cus ive tried it without the strings locked and nothing cracked =\
ƒuck your nuts
I had the same issue and no one could really say for sure. My knife edges did have one spot of wear and i had put foam under the springs as well. Most just said it was the release of energy when you dive bombed it. Usually it would do one good pop and thats all she wrote for the night. So it wasnt a constant thing.

Good luck finding the issue. I just said screw it and locked mine down. Between that the tuning and everything else i got old fast.