indie rock, folktronica, indietronica, grime, dubstep, crunk rap, reggaeton, hip-pop, emo (you know), nu-metal, glitch, chiptune/8bit, etc...

But nothing really that has started a revolution or a whole new genre field.
nu-metal, but wasnt that last decade?
Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Gretsch 5120
Fender Bassman '59 RI
Ibanez fretless bass
wow look at all the crap
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
There's only a certain number of guitar chords you can play, I think it's too hard to come up with anything else, for most people, that's one possible reason music sucks nowadays.

I say we invent a new instrument.
None. Haven't even heard much of or any of the music from this decade, but what I've heard isn't that good.

Also I don't know what any of that crap you just mentioned is. Indie-rock? What the hell is that? Indie would basically be Grunge before it was big (and Grunge still exists, just not called that anymore, nor is it popular). Emo was around in the '70s and '80s. The rest of the stuff you mentioned is basically hip-hop and techno.
Last edited by Mud Martian at Jan 30, 2008,
Lol, everytime I hear the word Crunk, reminds me of Dave Chappelle's Lil' Jon impersonation.

"Yeah!!!" "What???" "Okkaaii!!!" - Gotta love that show.
Quote by the glue man
There's only a certain number of guitar chords you can play, I think it's too hard to come up with anything else, for most people, that's one possible reason music sucks nowadays.

I say we invent a new instrument.

good idea really, the synth made a huge difference to music when that came out

im going to start working on a holophoner
Quote by Diamond Dave
good idea really, the synth made a huge difference to music when that came out

im going to start working on a holophoner

Holophoner would just change the presentation.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
i say TechnicalDeathCountryRapEmo peaked this decade, i hear its pretty roughcore
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
Yeah, dubstep, it's only been around 5/6 years and is just getting mainstream now, so we'll have to see how it changes over time.

And seriously people. Stop using techno as a term to describe all electronic music. That's like calling anything with distorted guitars metal.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by Diamond Dave
i dont really care about any genres that were created or peaked this year because they all sucked

+1
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Quote by raise_the_dead
And seriously people. Stop using techno as a term to describe all electronic music. That's like calling anything with distorted guitars metal.

+ 6,000,000,000,000,000,000
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Victoriandustrial.

That's a new genre field if ever I've heard one.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by punk_metal
Techno is absoultely huge

minimal techno is quite big now, but most other kinds of techno aren't gaining popularity. hard techno and schranz are a little bit, but they will never be massive.

as for other dance genres, the biggest rise to popularity recently would be electro house, you can hear it in so many popular/commercial clubs now.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by rabidguitarist
Victoriandustrial.

That's a new genre field if ever I've heard one.

Someone in the metal forum said "groove metal is just a fancy way of saying Pantera"

Well, Victoriandustrial is just a fancy way of saying Emilie Autumn. IMO she sucks and it's crappy genre name too.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
nothing much bin made recently really, theres jus loads of metalcore and screamo about. and slut pop!! thats bigger than ever!!
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy