I have a 2x12 Nemesis combo right now. I was wondering if I bought a 4X12 cabinet and a head to go along with it, if I could use the combo I have now as another cabinet. I know you can turn off the "head" piece of the combo and turn off the speaker on it. The combo also has a jack to connect another cabinet to it. So could I connect the 4x12 to the 2x12, turn off the "head" part of the combo and use a another head to run it all.

Thanks.....
Quote by CNC-Digity
I have a 2x12 Nemesis combo right now. I was wondering if I bought a 4X12 cabinet and a head to go along with it, if I could use the combo I have now as another cabinet. I know you can turn off the "head" piece of the combo and turn off the speaker on it. The combo also has a jack to connect another cabinet to it. So could I connect the 4x12 to the 2x12, turn off the "head" part of the combo and use a another head to run it all.

Thanks.....

Only if you can isolate the combo speakers from from the combo amp, even if the combo is not powered you can cause damage to the amp.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
if you have a way of totally defeating the combo's preamp and power amp stages this would be fine. what jacks would you be using to do this though. The jack that's supposed to go to an extension cabinet is probably only an out. and thus if you push signal into it it'll just try to push signal through your power amp....backwards. give us a list of the jacks on each thing and tell us what jacks you plan on using. we will be able to help better then.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Well if you go here and click rear panel you can see the back of my amp. As you can see there is a switch to turn the speaker off and theres a switch on the top to turn the preamp off.
ok. your best bet is probably to use either the headphone or the tuner output to go into you other head. BE CAREFUL WHEN DOING THIS. i suggest you run your tuner output direct into you computer's line in and record it with audacity or some other recording equipment. check to see if the volume knob on your amp controls that signal at all. if not that's good. now if it doesn't check the level of signal you get from that compared to you plugging you bass directly into the line in. if the signal are of equal or almost completely equal levels you can run your tuner out into the other amp's input regular input. now...if the tuner out has a higher output than a bass guitar does you will have to plug that tuner out into the head's power amp in. remember, if your volume knob effects the signal level on the tuner out i suggest you just straight scrap this idea and go for getting something that splits the signal from your bass to the amp. like a Y splitter if you get what i mean. If you're not sure about what you're doing and you dont' have it right you could damage an amp. probably the head.

EDIT: you'd have to make sure the head you get has a power amp in... and also i thought i'd note that power amp in means that you plug in a preamp and that jack goes in to the power amp. it's not where you plug a power amp in as i once believed in the long ago past.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Last edited by Revelation at Jan 31, 2008,
Quote by Johnny_Walker
John Swift, how would he be causeing damage to the amp?

You'd be playing into the output stage of the combos amp.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn