Do universities care about them? For example, I get mediocre grades because I barely try in school, although if I tried I could easily get straight A's (I know, many of you hate people like that, but please bear with me). If I got straight A's throughout all of high school, would my middle school grades hurt my chance of getting a scholarship or getting into a certain college?
High School grades are only ones that count. And post graduation test scores. Middle? wtfchill.
"Is that the fucking bible?"

"That's Holy Fucking Bible to you"
K.
Middle School Grades = Better High School
Better High School + Good Grades in High School = Good College
Good College = Lots of Money
Middle School Grades = Lots of Money. :-)
No one cares about pubescent zit-faced grades. Do well in high school, especially 10th and 11th grade.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
No one cares about pubescent zit-faced grades. Do well in high school, especially 10th and 11th grade.

Ummm....what about 12th grade? or dont they have that in america?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by breadstick
Ummm....what about 12th grade? or dont they have that in america?

We do, but you apply to colleges in the beginning of 12th grade, so you submit your grades from 9-11th and you are judged on that. 10th and 11th is the most important because that is where the bulk of your AP/honors classes lie, and it is important to do well in those.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Middle school grades mean nothing. Like darkstar said, you don't really have to do super well until 10th and 11th grade. But it's good to get in the habit of getting good grades so it's easier when you have to do it.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke