Hey, I';m going to get my Peavey Valveking today, but I was gonna go for the 212, but everytone on here seems to be leaning to the 112?

Would the 212 be too much power or what?
Probably more than you would need. Plus, it's a lot heavier due to extra valves and another speaker, so carrying it about does put a bit of a strain on if you're gigging, though if it's just for bedroom practice it wouldn't be so bad (although 100 watts in a bedroom is a bit much). One thing worth noting is that a lot of people don't like the stock speakers and say that the amp sounds best after a change. If you have two speakers to change, that's twice the money.

Of course, with two speakers, your sound is spread out a little more, and 100 watts does give you that little bit more volume and, importantly, headroom, though I don't know whether or not you would need that.

Either way, congratulations on getting a new amp
Well, I have a hut/caravan type thing outside that i practise in, so generally I can have it as loud as i like:P

But I'd be using it to reherse with a band and gig. I currently use a 112 Peavey\bandit, which doesn't cut it, so I assumed I'd need the 212...
Also, how versatile is the Vavleking? I play alot of classic rock, but I also play alot of metal?
Quote by sdmf.1919
Well, I have a hut/caravan type thing outside that i practise in, so generally I can have it as loud as i like:P

But I'd be using it to reherse with a band and gig. I currently use a 112 Peavey\bandit, which doesn't cut it, so I assumed I'd need the 212...

Quote by sdmf.1919

The Bandit may not cut it for one of two reasons. Either, it's only about 30-50 watts and you have a loud band, or else you scoop your mids. The Valveking 112 will be a lot louder sounding and, provided mids aren't scooped, will be good in a band situation. If you want the 212 and don't mind the extra weight, then by all means get that.
also tubes cut much easier
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt