i tuned my my guitar from standard d to standard e and the floyd has gone really high at the back so my action is really high and i cant even get my hand round the bar to pull it back it got rid of the fret buzz on the first fret but it sucks, anyone help or should i just take it to a shop
Open up the cavity and slowly tighten the springs at the back.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
do what fat boy, the way a FR works is that the bridge is basically balanced between the force exerted by the strings and the springs at the back of the guitar. so when you tighten the strings (by tuning up) you are putting more force on the string side of the balance, so, as fatboy... says, open up the back of the guitar and slowly unscrew the screws where the strings are anchored to the guitar. do it a tiny bit at a time, and retune each time
i loosend the screws at the top of the fretboard and tightend the screws at the bridge and nothing happend at all
Not the screws at the bridge, open up the back plate of the guitar and screw the springs in tighter.

The same thing happened to me (I tried to put 0.10-0.46 strings on it when I had been using 0.09-0.44's). I think it'll work better if you tune it back down and then tighten the springs, then tune it back up to E.
Are you sure man? Did you tighten the screws at the back cavity?? If it still doesnt work, try adding another spring at the back. Increases the tension there and pulls the bridge back down.
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Was wondering when madpicking03 was going to show up.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
ok thanks cheers i got it to normal height but its all out of tune, so how can i tune it back to standard without the bridge going really high again?
Take it into a shop, if you have no idea how the FR works and how to set it up then you will only make it worse.

Ask if you can watch how they set it up.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by Donkey Fly
Take it into a shop, if you have no idea how the FR works and how to set it up then you will only make it worse.

Ask if you can watch how they set it up.

yea thats what i was going to do but i've done the first step now to tune it back without it cocking up again lol
Quote by Fender Usa
yea thats what i was going to do but i've done the first step now to tune it back without it cocking up again lol

there's really no need to take it to a shop, it's just a matter of trial and error, tune it back up, loosen/tighten screws to level bridge, re-tune etc...