im going to get some new valves for my jubilee 2558 combo soon, i have been looking for a site to show me how to set the bias but i have not found any, does anyonw know a site that shows me how to do this with pictures? i done my dsl401 not long ago and that was easy enough
thanks
iv seen the eurotubes video before, i wasnt sure if the jubilee was the same as an 800, iv no idea what the plate voltage is, i was just going to see what bias the old valves were at and put the new ones at the same, will this work or should i find out what the plate voltage is at and work it out from there?
thanks for both links
Last edited by scottish nutter at Jan 30, 2008,
You should find out what the plate voltage is. Its a pretty simple procedure. The bias at which it set at now, may not be correct. What tubes are you putting in? I have a plate voltage and tube biasing chart, which can probably be found online. If not, you can either pm or email me at mingpau@connecttime.net. Tell me what tubes you are putting in. I will give you the min and max bias for all plate voltages. If you have any other questions, just ask.
How did you do the 401 Threadstarter
Fender Texas Special Strat
PRS SE Singlecut
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby
Vox VT30
Quote by The Real Ming
You should find out what the plate voltage is. Its a pretty simple procedure. The bias at which it set at now, may not be correct. What tubes are you putting in? I have a plate voltage and tube biasing chart, which can probably be found online. If not, you can either pm or email me at mingpau@connecttime.net. Tell me what tubes you are putting in. I will give you the min and max bias for all plate voltages. If you have any other questions, just ask.

hi, i was going to put some jj's in it

@ turkish bathmat, that link the real ming gave you is the same as i did, only difference is my dsl401 is a late 2006 model, they have changed the bais on the newer models, instead of setting it at 1375mv or whatever it was i set mines to 550mv, mines would only go up to about 900mv and down to about 100mv but i seen a link that someone had sent an email to marshall and they told the guy they now set them at 550mv, although if yours is an older one it'll still probably be about 1.375mv.
the pins to take the bias reading and the little screw hole for setting the bias are located down behind the master volume and reverb buttons area, there are 3 little pins that stick out should be called (CON2) and that is what you use to take the bias reading, use the middle pin and one of the outside pins to take the reading, just try and see which ones give you a reading as i cant remember which is which and you wont break the amp if you touch the wrong one (or at least i didnt), behind the master volume buttons you should see i small black box or with a small silver slit in the middle for a small screwdriver this should be called (PR4) all you do it turn this 1 way or the other way to set the bias to what you want it to be, just make sure you connect your speaker to the amp before you turn the amp on to set the bias
Quote by guitaruboy
how much did your jubilee cost? those things are pretty rare

£600 which is cheaper than you can buy most mashalls in the shops these days