guys im in need of advice, in 2009 my school is doing a one month trip to peru in south america, we have being given advance notice because the trip costs £3795 (ABOUT $5900)i recently went on a trip with school to france skiing and i did not cope very well being away from home,

so anyways i need your advice people on how i can convince my parents to let me go

thanks in advance
Show your parents this post:

Let him go to Peru, or you bastards are off my friends list on Myspace.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Convince them with violence, skip school and instead take the money to your local guitar shop for the amount of time you're supposed to be in Peru.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by Firequacker
Convince them with violence, skip school and instead take the money to your local guitar shop for the amount of time you're supposed to be in Peru.

+1
Imagine what sort of gear you could get with that money, you could get a Diezel! But to be honest I have no idea how you will convince them, that is a hell of alot of money.
i know how much gear i could get with that but i have some more personal reasons for going and i just think it would be a good experence for me.

a cookie for whoever can guess the personal reasons
£4000, thats a hell of a lot of cash. If you really want to go then i suggest waiting till you have gap years and working for some organisaiton that'll pay the majoity of your costs, Like camp America do for the states. BTW i have no idea if their is such a place for Peru but checking would be my first port of call
Quote by Edgeless
i know how much gear i could get with that but i have some more personal reasons for going and i just think it would be a good experence for me.

a cookie for whoever can guess the personal reasons

a girl?

So is it, or is it not, a world challenge expedition or similar? Or is it more a holiday?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
EDIT: If you didin't cope well for a skiing holiday, you will NOT cope well on a WCE. Ever.

So true

Dude, if you couldn't even handle france do you think you'll handle peru better? It's fricking peru! They have bugs that land on your face and eat it and monkeys that kill you in the night.

Hot women, though.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
its a world challenge expedition, we do some work while out their for the locals
1st off, if you can't cope ith France, you've little chance in Peru. Think about this hard, it's an entire month, are you going to the jungle? no ammenities?

On topic tho, to convince them, tell them that the world ends in 2012 when the eart, sun and center of the galaxy align (according to the Mayans) and this may be your last shot to go to Peru.
Quote by Kensai
and monkeys that kill you in the night.

Where can I get such a monkey? and can I train him to do my bidding?
Aha, World Challenge. I had the chance to do World Challenge in Chile for a month....

But at £3700? I said no... It'd take up my entire fiscal life for a number of years... Sure it'd be a great experience, but you should also remember what that £3k is paying for - you to live in what is basically a third world country for a month.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
force them

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by Edgeless
its a world challenge expedition, we do some work while out their for the locals

Right, I was out in India for a month with WCE. It is no walk in the park, and a month is a long time, and with several thousand miles between you and home, and no contact... it's not easy for someone who gets homesick. My sister did, it was horrible.

Anyways, the price they give you doesn't include your gear, your vaccinations (which can be EXPENSIVE), nor the money you need to raise for the group fund. It's a f*ck load of work before you even get there. And the work for the locals isn't the hard part. It's your trek. We did a trek over the Rohtang Pass (literally translates to "Pile of Corpses" because it's so dangerous), and was, what... 5 days away from a hospital with no chance of ambicopter support? Someone came down with peritinitis, another with suspected rabies (turned out not to be though). We walked through a secluded village and was spat at and stones thrown at us by the villagers.

If you can't handle a skiing holiday, you think you can handle that?
Quote by freedoms_stain
Where can I get such a monkey? and can I train him to do my bidding?

They're in peru for an affordable price of $5000. I'm sure the locals can help you with the training. The locals that survives...

Quote by Deliriumbassist
We walked through a secluded village and was spat at and stones thrown at us by the villagers.

Well maybe you shouldn't have slept with the chief's daughter.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
They're in peru for an affordable price of $5000. I'm sure the locals can help you with the training. The locals that survives...

Dammit, £50 down the markets is the answer I was lookin for. The trained assassin monkey dream jst gets further and further away....
Quote by Deliriumbassist
We walked through a secluded village and was spat at and stones thrown at us by the villagers.

Dude, that doesn't sound like fun Are you allowed to take guitars? And that's alot of money to pay because you want to be with a girl, is she definately even going?

Edit: 100th post
A guitar would get busted, and it's unnecessary weight, especially when you're carrying 2 weeks worth of food for 3 people, a wet tent canvas, a medkit, 2 (yup, 2!) changes of clothes (that includes 2 pairs of underwear), safety equipment, an emergency beacon, and trekking upwards of 25 miles a day... a guitar is the last thing you want with you.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
A guitar would get busted, and it's unnecessary weight, especially when you're carrying 2 weeks worth of food for 3 people, a wet tent canvas, a medkit, 2 (yup, 2!) changes of clothes (that includes 2 pairs of underwear), safety equipment, an emergency beacon, and trekking upwards of 25 miles a day... a guitar is the last thing you want with you.

That's horrible! Don't go!
Was it the fact that you didnt like being away from your parents, or that you had trouble being partially self sufficient?
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
Quote by Deliriumbassist

But don't get me wrong, it was one of the best experiences of my life, lol

I've done my fair share of wilderness camping. By this i mean setting out from one point with a bunch of mates, hiking all day, setting up camp, cooking your rations for the night, then sleeping a few hours and getting up at the break of dawn to pack up and do this again. Go for about a week at a time.

By the end of the first night you feel like you've made the biggest mistake ever, its gruelling, challenging, mentally and physically. But at the end of it, you can look back and reflect for years to come.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
Quote by Mr_Zakk_Wylde
Was it the fact that you didnt like being away from your parents, or that you had trouble being partially self sufficient?

i think it was the self sufficient part but ive been on some walking trips since so im try to prepare myself mentaly and physicaly for it.