Mornin' all. Don't know if this is the right place for this, but I digress.

I have a Packard Bell Store & Save 3500 (have had for a while now). Plugged it in the other day and it started making a strange clicking sound and no data was being read from it although the green light at the front indicated that the unit was on.

I have a feeling it might be something to do with the fan at the back, but then again I'm not really sure about these kinds of things anyway.

Can anyone suggest anything that I could do to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance.
OOoh, the clicking sound is not good =/

I can't remember excactly what it was but it's definetly not good.

Actually wait, check this out: http://askbobrankin.com/hard_drive_makes_a_clicking_sound.html
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
still under warranty? get it back to the store.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Turns out I can't get anything to work. I think I'll just come to the conclusion that the thing is screwed. Damn, and there goes almost 5 years of data. Oh well.
Thats packard bell for ya.

If its important data you can send it off to a place and they'll extract the data. But if it was just music and pron you can always reaquire.
Quote by Preid
Thats packard bell for ya.

If its important data you can send it off to a place and they'll extract the data. But if it was just music and pron you can always reaquire.

You mean teh illegal downloadz and pr0n ISN'T important data!!!?!

Anyway, next time get a Maxtor. I have two and they seem to be pretty good, no problems yet.
Yeh that sound is the drive needle going oh **** i cant read these platter where the f**k is my information;.. nothing you can do but by a new one!
With fat friends there are no see-saws.. just catapults!