I was screwing around last night with some double stops and found the scale that fit over what i was playing. It was G Ab Bb C D E F. It's kinda like a phrygian mode with a natural 6th or a dorian mode with a flat 2nd. It's got a weird majory feel to it despite having a minor 3rd. I know how odd that sounds. But does anyone know if this scale has a name?
Just a few from Guitar Pro:
C Hindu Scale
E Spanish 8 Tone Scale
F Melodic Minor
F Hawaiian Scale
G Javanese Scale
A# Bartok Scale
A# Overtone Scale

My guess would be on the melodic minor
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
You think Javanese is a weird name for a scale? Why?
I'm currently studying Javanese Gamelan, which is ridiculous sweet, and have been wanting to use some of those sounds in my guitar work. This scale will apparently help me. I'm quite excited.

(For those not in the know, Java is an island in Indonesia)
Quote by LoneWanderer13
You think Javanese is a weird name for a scale? Why?
I'm currently studying Javanese Gamelan, which is ridiculous sweet, and have been wanting to use some of those sounds in my guitar work. This scale will apparently help me. I'm quite excited.

(For those not in the know, Java is an island in Indonesia)

Well, I guess I'm just so used to the whole music theory thing and names of modes, scale degrees, that it sounds weird if a scale has totally original name. Or maybe Javanese is also some kind of mode? Like ii of melodic minor?
Lots of altered scales have special names (to UNIe) usually based on what cultures music uses the scale a lot. I'm pretty sure I've heard different names for some modes as well (though the modes themselves are named after places/areas too).
Quote by LoneWanderer13
Lots of altered scales have special names (to UNIe) usually based on what cultures music uses the scale a lot. I'm pretty sure I've heard different names for some modes as well (though the modes themselves are named after places/areas too).

All right, thanks for clarification
Quote by Lcollins1
It's G Dorian b2, second mode of melodic minor...

Yeah, i've heard it called that, or G Phrygian natural 6.
You'll find it's used over _susb9 the same way as phrygian is, but you don't get the dissonance that you'd get from the b6 of phrygian.
That's the thing with melodic and harmonic minor modes, they can be called several things :P
Thanks guys, I did briefly check the Melodic Minor modes but i must've i worked it out wrong.