Ok I have this problem. I'm new to this, but I have no problems with soldering. I have humbucker sized P90s. I think they're the harmonic design Z90s, I'm not sure. Got them off second hand for a cheap price.

Anyway, I expected the pickup to have 5 wires, just like in all the diagrams and stuff. But this one has 3 wires, and 2 of them are soldered together. So I'm not sure what I should do now.Here's a picture:

I think (not very sure) i'm supposed to solder the already-soldered 2 wires to the volume pot of the guitar, and ground the 3rd wire? Not very sure, please help me on this one.

Also, If my guitar (Greco '67 Les Paul copy) has 1 volume knob and 1 tone knob, Do I just solder both wires from both pickups to the volume knob?

Thanks for the help!
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
You have to remember a p90 is a single coils so wont have but the 2 or in this case 3 wires. The white/braided wire is the ground and would be soldered to the back of the pot and the red to the switch. The white would be the ground side of the pickup the red the hot and it has a shield. So keep the white and braid together. I have a set of humbucker sized p90s but they only have the braid and a red wire.
The red wire is the hot, the other wire is the ground. The reason it's not 4 conductor is that there's only one coil in a soapbar - they're just really big single coils. As far as the wiring diagram goes, you can use the humbucker wiring diagram, just ignore the two wires on the humbucker that you'd normally wire together. Wire the hot and ground as you would in the diagram. If it just has one volume and one tone, the hot will probably go to the pickup switch, and the ground will probably go to the volume pot body.
Hi, I'm Peter
I see. Thanks so much for the help!
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab