I know a few people have asked for clips of the amp, so I thought Id post some, go to my profile and listen to them, I will post more soon... If you are in the market for one or interested in it just ask for a clip, if there is something specific you want to hear (ie: Volume levels, Pickup combo, gutiar, effects) I can probably do it.

If you have any questions or comments or general info on the Champ go ahead and post.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Wylde_Life/

My setup in the Clip is: Fender Standard MIM Stratocaster, Boss GE-7 (mids boosted), Fender Champ. (setup for the Sunshine of Your Love cover adds the DS-1 aat 11 o'clock tone and Dist at 0)
You get more gain from your Champ than mine.

Sunshine of your Love honestly was the most horrific cover ever, awful cover.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Throw out your Boss stuffs and record it purely.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
ya, I just posted it, I played it alright, but the tone wasnt good and the singing was more like talking, Im gonna go do it again soon....

do you get a fuzz type buzz from your speaker when you play at high volumes?
Quote by Wylde_Life
ya, I just posted it, I played it alright, but the tone wasnt good and the singing was more like talking, Im gonna go do it again soon....

do you get a fuzz type buzz from your speaker when you play at high volumes?
I do on my VJ.

But then, plugging it into any other cab, you realise it's actually the amp that makes that tone...

I think there's something to do with not having many gain stages, that makes for a buzzier distortion.... I notice it with most small amps I play.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Ill do a clip soon with out the EQ, I just like mids boosted.

Im recording it with cheap microphone... Im getting a new Shure microphone soon, so it will sound a little better.

I just recorded a new Sunshine of Your Love, I have to mix the solo, I did this one without the DS-1 and I like the tone better, I just used the DS-1 before because I had the stock tubes in, and they really sucked... Now I have a JJ ECC83s and a EH 6v6GT, Ill post the nex version in a little bit.

EDIT: It will be a while till my new Sunshine of Your Love, my Microphone is terrible, it gives a wierd wistle when too close to the amp... but it didnt do it on my clips...
Last edited by Wylde_Life at Jan 30, 2008,
Quote by MrCarrot
I do on my VJ.

But then, plugging it into any other cab, you realise it's actually the amp that makes that tone...

I think there's something to do with not having many gain stages, that makes for a buzzier distortion.... I notice it with most small amps I play.

I was just making sure, I dont notice it when I play with anyone else or record, but when I play alone I hear it, I was just worried the speaker was going already...
O.k. I did some clips now that do not feaature any pedals.

The fuzz thing I was talking about can be heard at the end of the Fender Champion 600 Clips 2 (it is actually heard throughout the clip, but there it is most evident) is this the same thing you get MrCarrot?
Yea my Champ used to really fuzz up, but I got new pickups and the problem stopped...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30