how long and how many times a day do you guys play guitar? Are you addicted? is it all you do if so get a life!!! but still answer my question
Quote by Lord-Hypnos
I play 25 hours a day.

So. John Pettrucci plays 42 I'm embarrased to say only about 2, but recently I've been doing 3. That will probably change with school coming up soon.
depends, anywhere between 2 and 5, occasionally more if i have nothing to do all day
and yes im addicted
Quote by guitar player13
wow some of u people need to get a life

you made this thread just to say that?
If you DO have a life, why are you sitting here asking stupid questions?
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
in soviet russia guitar plays you!

i play like 2 hours a day on school days on the weekends i can bust out 5-7 hours
Quote by PhantomNote
you made this thread just to say that?
If you DO have a life, why are you sitting here asking stupid questions?

Agreed. Anyway, lives are boring, generally when I'm not practicing guitar I am sleeping, practicing piano, or listening to music while browsing UG.
definatly addicted xD it all depends on how much time i have but ordinarily 2-3 hrs when school n' stuff
in weekends and holidays i really don't have to stop at all... have done it for more than 10 though then your fingers and hands are a bit numb =)
Quote by guitar player13

What do you do all day? Sexually explore with your 13 year old friends?
Anyways I play about 2-3 a day on weekdays. On weekends, it mostly depends on whether or not i'll practice with my friends.
Quote by guitar player13

Why do you say that, are you like jealous because you don't have the determination and will and pure love of the instrument to keep yourself practicing and are just tryign to make yourself feel better by saying you have a life and don't have time to practice. And what the hell is life then. So dedicating tour time and effort on something you love doing above all other things is not life. I actually think that guys who live from party to party and hoping to get laid are the guys who have no purpose in life have and therefore no life. You saying you have more life than Joe Satriani, than Steve Vai, are you saying that? Well they are legends and have put their life work on albums. Yet those guys who through their teenage years instead of doing something great and truly meaninghful went from party to party, won't be much use afterwards.
2-3 hours a day generally. As much as I enjoy the instrument, work along with my other hobbies get in the way.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
1-2 hours on the weekdays due to school, but on weekends I can normally pull 4-5 hourse throughout the day.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
i spend all day lisning and playing music.. or mabi ill go out and get bladerd but the bottom line is i enjoy it... so how do i need to get a life.. most people do lie anyway its like "o i read a interview with steve vai or yungwe or who ever and they play 6 hours a day or all day so ill say that i do too" now thats stupid stop trying to look like ure gunna be the next one jesh... but for those who do spend all day playing the guy who posted above me hit the nail on the head... life really is to spend doing what you wanna do and not wasting time looking at what other people do if they enjoy it then leave them to it no one has the rights to say to anyone get a life because in truth ure own life cannot be filled with mutch enjoyment if ure stoping to studdy others all the time or trying to make ure self out to be the man or woman ure not
I try to play 2-3 hours per day.... sometimes more..... and I've got a life thanks, a very nice one.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
Instruments are good to be adiccted to xD i spend like 8.5 hours every day in school my homework takes me a good 2 houres so 8,5+8,5=17+2= 19 xD and i play two houres every day so now you can know how late i go to bed

o wait still + 2 Telly xD so the question is how late am i on my bed every day ( first 8.5 means the time i get up 8:30)

11 pm
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
Instruments are good to be adiccted to xD i spend like 8.5 hours every day in school my homework takes me a good 2 houres so 8,5+8,5=17+2= 19 xD and i play two houres every day so now you can know how late i go to bed

o wait still + 2 Telly xD so the question is how late am i on my bed every day ( first 8.5 means the time i get up 8:30)

11 pm

one of the most confusing posts I've read...

1-2 hrs for me , possibly 3.
Quote by thegrungyhippie
one of the most confusing posts I've read...

1-2 hrs for me , possibly 3.

well i know i'm a confusing person ^^ ahh wel i play 2 houres a day and i'm addicted to buying guitars
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by ParkerScks
i spend all day lisning and playing music.. or mabi ill go out and get bladerd but the bottom line is i enjoy it... so how do i need to get a life.. most people do lie anyway its like "o i read a interview with steve vai or yungwe or who ever and they play 6 hours a day or all day so ill say that i do too" now thats stupid stop trying to look like ure gunna be the next one jesh... but for those who do spend all day playing the guy who posted above me hit the nail on the head... life really is to spend doing what you wanna do and not wasting time looking at what other people do if they enjoy it then leave them to it no one has the rights to say to anyone get a life because in truth ure own life cannot be filled with mutch enjoyment if ure stoping to studdy others all the time or trying to make ure self out to be the man or woman ure not

What.. that was a good message (I think), but I didn't catch all of that.
Member of the Thrash Brotherhood

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.