They really are. A well made panini can be just about the best thing ever.

I'm on the last bite of a smoked ham, tomato and leerdammer cheese panini. AMAZING!

If you've got a george forman (or similar) grill the toasted sandwich and panini world is your oyster.

best paninis ever:

the classic ham/cheese/tomato

ham/cheese for all you tomato haters

chicken mayonaise (if the mayonaise is properly creamy it's a jizz worthy experience)

mozarella/grilled peppers/pesto

cheese/beans

Cheese of your choice of course, I like mozarella, but chedder and edam are freakin awesome too.

Share with me your panini master-pieces! (I need a new idea 4 tmw )
Fresh Mozzarella, Basil Pesto with pignoli nuts, roasted red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, and artichoke hearts on a freshly baked ciabata. mmmmmmm. I work in my mom's cafe and that's our specialty
I'm more into the classic combo's myself - Cheese (mozarella), ham (thinly sliced), some tomatoe.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
I HATE YOU ALL

Now I must have one! NOW!!!

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Horlicks
Panini's suck

controversial, and unnecessary.

I didn't ask if you liked them, I asked which one's people liked. If you don't like them you have no reason to post.

Go start a Panini's suck thread if you feel that strongly about it
You should try my speciality

Get a tortilla wrap
Spread tomato puree on it
Sprinkle grated cheese on it
Place ham on one side of it
Fold it in half
Place it on a heated pan (no oil or anything needed) until it starts to go brown on the bottom
Turn it over and leave it on until the other side goes brown
Take it off and serve with... Anything that'll go!
Quote by filthandfury

Get a tortilla wrap
Fold it in half
Place it on a heated pan (no oil or anything needed) until it starts to go brown on the bottom

I might do that actually, I think I even have all that stuff
Quote by freedoms_stain
I might do that actually, I think I even have all that stuff

Try it, only takes 10 minutes, and report back
Panini with freedom stains...

Shit, I'm hungry now.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
I used to make paninis for a living. I am THE master of panini making in this here group! :P

The PMT was popular (pepperoni, mozarella, tomato - before you all lol at the name!)
Tuna Melt (Tuna and Mayo)
Cheese and tom
Cheese and onion
Bacon and Brie (watch out - brie burns!)
Chicken, bacon, mozarella and oregano mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

4 minutes in a deli france panini is all you need! (Oh yeah, and a REAL panini grill!)
i had a panini for lunch ^.^

it was hellishly expensive though.

if i make my own, i usually have mozarella, sundried tomatoes, grapes, olives, onion and then sprinkle it with black pepper, sea salt, a bit of a fresh basil, olive oil and maybe a bit of vinegar. yummy

i had one before which was sooo nice; goat's cheese, wilted spinach and caramelised walnuts. it sounds nasty but it was lovely. also, goat's cheese and caramelised red onion is nice.

apple and brie is good together, and feta with almost anything is good. apricots and brie go really well as well.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by esther_mouse
i had a panini for lunch ^.^

it was hellishly expensive though.

if i make my own, i usually have mozarella, sundried tomatoes, grapes, olives, onion and then sprinkle it with black pepper, sea salt, a bit of a fresh basil, olive oil and maybe a bit of vinegar. yummy

i had one before which was sooo nice; goat's cheese, wilted spinach and caramelised walnuts. it sounds nasty but it was lovely. also, goat's cheese and caramelised red onion is nice.

apple and brie is good together, and feta with almost anything is good. apricots and brie go really well as well.

wow! that's some sofisticated panini making. Wouldn't happen to be vegetarian would you? (I find goats cheese yuck btw)
Quote by freedoms_stain
wow! that's some sofisticated panini making. Wouldn't happen to be vegetarian would you? (I find goats cheese yuck btw)

yeah i am, but not out of some moral thing, lol. just eating dead flesh makes me feel a bit sick. and as a veggie i don't eat all that disgusting tofu crap *shudder*

i don't know many people who like goat's cheese actually... oh well, more for me
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
I don't understand why people talk about multiple panini as 'panini's'.

Panini is the multiple of panino (singular sandwich).
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by esther_mouse
yeah i am, but not out of some moral thing, lol. just eating dead flesh makes me feel a bit sick. and as a veggie i don't eat all that disgusting tofu crap *shudder*

i don't know many people who like goat's cheese actually... oh well, more for me

I can only describe the taste and texture as 'cloying' (if i spelt it correctly) It feels like it's trying to invade my mouth and live there.

I had japanese tofu once, it was quite nice, its sort of bready and comes in this liquid that the tofu soaks up.

Quote by cagnius

cus we didn't know that.
Quote by freedoms_stain
cus we didn't know that.

Well, you do now.

Also...if you're from Scotland, why type using an Americanism of 'cus'?

Surely you'd use 'cause' when bastardising the English language?
Quote by cagnius

and its a ****ing sandwich anyway

Quote by esther_mouse

we've got a wedge of goats cheese in our fridge, tasty tasty cheese
I used to toast ham/swiss and turkey/swiss sandwiches in the toaster oven for a while until my parents got a Panini press a few days ago, the things great but a bitch to clean since it wont come apart and cant be put in the dishwasher.
My Dad recently managed a band that toured Europe. He phoned one day, after I'd just finished making a cheese and ham toastie. He heard me eating while I was talking to him and asked me what it was. After I told him he went on a wee bit of a rant on how in the Portugal/Spain area, in cafes people tended not to serve anything else. He went on about how sometimes you had a layer of cheese and then a layer of ham and sometimes its a bit of bread soaked in melted cheese and didn't shut up for a while.

I just loled. You kinda had to be there.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
What is a panini?
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Restaurants and cafés need to stop putting the word paninis on their menus. These uses of foreign words really really annoys me.

Panini means sandwiches in Italian, so when you order 'a panini' you're ordering a sandwiches, so what they should really give you is a normal sandwich (or several). Why they don't just say toasted baguette I don't f*cking know.

Actually, as baguette is French you should say "je veux un baguette grillé avec _______".
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by Child In Time
Restaurants and cafés need to stop putting the word paninis on their menus. These uses of foreign words really really annoys me.

Panini means sandwiches in Italian, so when you order 'a panini' you're ordering a sandwiches, so what they should really give you is a normal sandwich (or several). Why they don't just say toasted baguette I don't f*cking know.

Actually, as baguette is French you should say "je veux un baguette grillé avec _______".

See my post. Beat you to it
Quote by Child In Time

it might mean sandwich in italy, but it has come to mean 'toasted thingy' thingy being the panini bread, which is not a baguette.

there needs to be a way to distinguish between regular toasted sandwiches and that which has become known as the panini.
Quote by freedoms_stain
it might mean sandwich in italy, but it has come to mean 'toasted thingy' thingy being the panini bread, which is not a baguette.

there needs to be a way to distinguish between regular toasted sandwiches and that which has become known as the panini.

"Toasted thingy thingy".

You put forward a great argument. I'm sure you will notice that if you order a 'panini' you will get a piece of toasted baguette, whereas if you order a toasted sandwich you will get a toasted sliced-bread sandwich.

Quote by Child In Time
"Toasted thingy thingy".

You put forward a great argument. I'm sure you will notice that if you order a 'panini' you will get a piece of toasted baguette, whereas if you order a toasted sandwich you will get a toasted sliced-bread sandwich.

panini bread is not baguette, it should be more like ciabatta. If you're getting toasted bagettes i'd complain, they're doing it wrong.
Quote by freedoms_stain
panini bread is not baguette, it should be more like ciabatta. If you're getting toasted bagettes i'd complain, they're doing it wrong.

Then ask for a toasted ciabatta, the f*ck!

A bacon and egg mayo panini. I had these people who I know working at a cafe make one, and damn, it was awesome.
Funny words.
Quote by filthandfury

Get a tortilla wrap
Fold it in half

To get back to the point...

I tried this out, but I added spring onion and green pepper too. It was freakin awesome.

I was at a bbq at this mexican dudes house and he served us bbq'd tortilla with cheese in it. Those were amazing too.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I tried this out, but I added spring onion and green pepper too. It was freakin awesome.

Yeah, you can add whatever you want to it really
Fresh mozzarella, homemade basil pesto, oven-roasted turkey breast, sun-dried tomatoes.