I found it FS online but the seller only has 2 pics, Im trying to get more info and pics but I hope it is an LP since they only want $100 for it
Attachments:
lp1.jpg
lp2.jpg
most gibsons i've seen have a huge photo showing off the logo

cant go wrong for 100 sheets tho
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Can't tell what manufacturer it is from those pics.

But it is definitely a Les Paul copy
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
The binding is definitely not Gibson or Epiphone.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Need better, closer pics.

For $100 though, I doubt it's an actual Gibson. When it comes to stuff online, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Buyer beware!
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
you mean like a gibson? I can't tell. but for 100 i thin its an epi LP custom
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
most gibsons i've seen have a huge photo showing off the logo

cant go wrong for 100 sheets tho

yes but only if the seller knows what they truly have the uneducated seller might take pics like this...praying its an old ass LP
It's a LP, the body shape is kind of obvious.

As to what manufacturer, only someone who has either super-human-power eyes or knows the intracacies of LPs would be able to tell.
Quote by bamereihn
I found it FS online but the seller only has 2 pics, Im trying to get more info and pics but I hope it is an LP since they only want $100 for it

It's some kind of knock off most likely, but I doubt that it's a gibson.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
It's a Les Paul, yes. But definitely not one of the good ones. The seller would have a massive pic showing off the headstock with the "Gibson" logo, to be honest. Epiphone, at best. E-mail the seller, asking for a pic of the headstock.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Guys, it's not even an Epiphone. The Epiphone LP Customs still have the 5 layer binding that is one of the hallmarks of all the LP customs. This one has a one piece binding that that isn't prevalent from the top so it's obviously a knock off of some sort. This means it can not be a Les Paul Model as "Les Paul Model" is a trademark owned by Gibson.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by ozzybob
it might be an edwards..

those look allot like gibsons

Would be asking for a lot more if that were the case.
Well, one thing it has going for it is that it has nice big neck inlays. A lot of cheapo knock-offs won't get you such things. I'd say it's an Epi. And, even so, there's nothing wrong with that.
Ask for some better pictures, serial number, headstock , year of manufacture, I doubt for 100 dollars its a gibson or even epiphone.. let the seller tell you, but be careful there are a lot of cheap copy crappy ones out there..
It's not even an Epi methinks ... small as the pic is, the centre graphic on the headstock is to small and the binding looks to thick. Most like your no name bolt on, maybe an old Hondo or something.
Could be anything, all you guys are too quick to say "It's not a gibson, it's probably shiit"..

Yes it's probably not a Gibsonbut it could still be a great bargain. Could be an MIJ Burny, Ibanez, Greco, Epiphone and the guy has had it ages and just thinks it's old so it's not worth much.. I would GLADLY take any of them over any LP Gibson has made in about the last 20years.

Just email the dude and ask for pics of the headstock.

This means it can not be a Les Paul Model as "Les Paul Model" is a trademark owned by Gibson.

This is stupid.. "If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck.. it's a duck" .. no matter who owns the trademark.
Gibson LP Customs have top AND back binding. I see no back binding, yet I see the custom-style block inlays, pickguard, knobs, and I THINK I see a diamond headstock inlay.
but Customs come with gold hardware, and the hardware on this one is nickel or chrome.

I doubt it's a Gibson, but maybe he changed the hardware, and maybe its some ****ty version that had no back binding at the era, who knows.
Rule of life.
If it sounds too good to be true, it's because it (99%) is. I did prove this wrong though, when I bought a barely used B-52 AT-412 for $150.

Nobody would let a Gibson go for that cheap, not even the stupidest of people. It's probably a no-name.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
the cut out looks like it comes to a point instead of reounded like the epi or gibson. my geuss is a austin. i have one and they aren't half bad. i believe its a set neck it its a austin as well judging by the inlays. the bolt ons had dot inlays until 06. now all are neck thru.
Quote by ozzybob
it might be an edwards..

those look allot like gibsons

theres no way in HELL thats an edwards, the shape of the cutaway is off, it looks like a rondo, theres no way its an epiphone either for again the same reason that the cutaway looks a lot diff to me, secondly no epiphone or edwards would be sold for 100$