Can someone help me with the intro to Metallica's one? I've been playing acoustic for a year now, just bought an electric a month ago and want to learn this into. I'm good for the basic begining, but can't get over all the bending/sliding afterwards. Any tips/weblinks that can help would be appreciated. I use the tab from this site with the 405 votes on it.
what part of the song do u wanna learn, or do u wanna learn it all?

Quote by hundy
Can someone help me with the intro to Metallica's one? I've been playing acoustic for a year now, just bought an electric a month ago and want to learn this into. I'm good for the basic begining, but can't get over all the bending/sliding afterwards. Any tips/weblinks that can help would be appreciated. I use the tab from this site with the 405 votes on it.

hmmm....something tells me he wants to learn the INTRO (or into)!! Hmmm....some people should learn how to read.
I assume you mean the
|------2-4-6^-4
|---2h4

section? yeh it confused me too. I just bend the sixth and pull of 3rd four, not bothering with the 2nd four.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
e|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|--------------------------------------0-----------------------------------|
D|---4---0---4---0---4---0---4---0-------4---0----4---0----2----2---|
A|-2---2------------2---2----------------2---2---------------0----2-----|
E|----------3---3------------3---3-----------------3---3-----------------|

One By Metallica intro.....this is almost 100% correct. This stops at where it starts to go on a mini solo type thing before the main non-chorded riff.
Quote by ~Gu1t4r~N00b3h~
e|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|--------------------------------------0-----------------------------------|
D|---4---0---4---0---4---0---4---0-------4---0----4---0----2----2---|
A|-2---2------------2---2----------------2---2---------------0----2-----|
E|----------3---3------------3---3-----------------3---3-----------------|

One By Metallica intro.....this is almost 100% correct. This stops at where it starts to go on a mini solo type thing before the main non-chorded riff.

It's the part after this one that has me stumped. espcially the 11p9/7 run. And I don't get the \4 stuff either. I understand slide, but what do you slide when no number is in front????

I'd love to learn the whole song, but for now just the into would make me happy!
With the \4, you just slide down to it from wherever sounds good...
I usually just dive into notes written that way, and strum when I hit it, rather than say 6\4 where you strum the six and the four.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
you gotta spell intro right lol....intro not into. but anyway's that's the only part of the song i know....and to answer ur slide question, i don't know, i have been wondering the same thing, i think its impossible to slide from an open string lol, but that might just be me.
Quote by hundy
It's the part after this one that has me stumped. espcially the 11p9/7 run. And I don't get the \4 stuff either. I understand slide, but what do you slide when no number is in front????

I'd love to learn the whole song, but for now just the into would make me happy!

It's hard to play that part on the Acoustic... It seems like you don't get enough "sustain" to hold the notes, so it fades out. I've been working on this on the acoustic too., it is a bit difficult

Gibson SG Classic
Laguna LE 422
Dean Razorback
Washburn LK60PS
Fender Bass
Ibanez Acoustoc/Electric
Marshall MG 15HFX Microstack
Line 6 Spider III Amp

Remeber...... Every where you go, there you are!
Quote by ~Gu1t4r~N00b3h~
you gotta spell intro right lol....intro not into. but anyway's that's the only part of the song i know....and to answer ur slide question, i don't know, i have been wondering the same thing, i think its impossible to slide from an open string lol, but that might just be me.

The slash indicates the direction of the slide.

Slide down to = \
Slide up to = /

\4 means slide down to 4, from anywhere.
So you just grab a note, say the 7th, and slide it down to the 4th.
Don't strike the 7th, just grab and slide. It's sort of like a tap-slide?
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by ~Gu1t4r~N00b3h~
e|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|--------------------------------------0----------------------------------------------------|
D|---4---0---4---0---4---0---4---0-------4---0------4--------4----0-------------------|
A|-2---2------------2---2----------------2---2------0----0-------------------2-----2-2-|
E|----------3---3------------3---3----------------------------3-----3-------0----2--------|

Fixed.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

The tab that you use is not a good tab. Thats not how youplay the song. Get the Power Tab one with a 5-star rating.