looking for a pedal version. $125 is a little out of my range. any other brands that are just as good?
if there were cheaper alternatives, ISP wouldn't be selling anything

if you're willing to settle for something that's not as good for a cheaper price, then we can start talking
Quote by The red Strat.
if there were cheaper alternatives, ISP wouldn't be selling anything

if you're willing to settle for something that's not as good for a cheaper price, then we can start talking

start talk'n
something like the MXR smart gate or the Boss NS-2 is alright for the price.

but really, i'd save up for the ISP... you'll probably upgrade to it later on anyway, so why bother buying a cheaper one now ?

0.02 $
Quote by The red Strat.
something like the MXR smart gate or the Boss NS-2 is alright for the price.

but really, i'd save up for the ISP... you'll probably upgrade to it later on anyway, so why bother buying a cheaper one now ?

0.02 $

agreed.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
The smartgate is actually quite good. It's not the Decimator, but it doesn't suck either. Avoid the boss at all costs.

Mind you, I don't think the smartgate is really that much cheaper than the decimator, so just wait until you can afford the ISP. I hate to say it, but you really don't have much of a choice here. The boss one is around $85 is you're desperate, but really it's a waste of your money.
Quote by icronic
The smartgate is actually quite good. It's not the Decimator, but it doesn't suck either. Avoid the boss at all costs.

Mind you, I don't think the smartgate is really that much cheaper than the decimator, so just wait until you can afford the ISP. I hate to say it, but you really don't have much of a choice here. The boss one is around $85 is you're desperate, but really it's a waste of your money.

it's really not that bad...
well, i just got the boss off the 'bay for $65. we'll see what happens.
wow, you're a quick decider

when i'm looking to buy a new piece of gear, i make 15 threads about it first, and then after a year or 2 i have nailed it down to 3-5 pieces of gear...
Quote by sethp
well, i just got the boss off the 'bay for $65. we'll see what happens.

$10 on your upgrading to the decimator.

that's what i did.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'll sell you my decimator for 80 bucks, I don't use it, found out I just need to shield my guitar.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Boss NS2
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by sirlimecat
Boss NS2

The Boss is a tone sucker for sure
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
The Boss is a tone sucker for sure

There is a good video on you tube comparing that to the isp...

----

And you will come over to the isp dark side soon enough lol they always do.... The thing is amazing and well worth every penny i invested...
well do you own one, no? It doesn't suck tone at ALL
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
the name sounds like an april 1st release date...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Kevin Saale
I'll sell you my decimator for 80 bucks, I don't use it, found out I just need to shield my guitar.

What condition is it in? How much for shipping to Michigan? I am interested
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by IbanezPsycho
You are correct I dont own one because they suck tone lol

And i have played on both for comparision... Also check out this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkB4csSmoRU

Dammit that's a lot of tone sucking. From this, leave the BOSS alone.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by guitardude11
some people can be really ignorant.

http://isptechnologies.com/decimatorproducts.htm

i didn't realise GG&A was joke-free.

That looks pretty sweet though. I'm kinda pissed i have the normal one now, though granted i have had the use of mine for about 18 months; that time would have sucked with no noise gate.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
dude, totally take the wiring from your amp to the part that goes to the plug change the cables from 2phase and buy some 3 phase and you won't have the 60 cycle hum in the first place, and will not need any pedal to cut sound off to get the humm off, according to various electronics the ISP cuts some of your tone just not much but best any device like that could do, you can also get a plug adapter to get rid of the hum but pedals and that cost more than the phasing wireing
Quote by xWhitechapelx
dude, totally take the wiring from your amp to the part that goes to the plug change the cables from 2phase and buy some 3 phase and you won't have the 60 cycle hum in the first place, and will not need any pedal to cut sound off to get the humm off, according to various electronics the ISP cuts some of your tone just not much but best any device like that could do, you can also get a plug adapter to get rid of the hum but pedals and that cost more than the phasing wireing

The pedal kills more then hum.. It kills hum, hiss, feedback and so so much more... Its a must in high gain applications.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
The pedal kills more then hum.. It kills hum, hiss, feedback and so so much more... Its a must in high gain applications.

the wiring changing, gets rid of all of that silly, gain just amplifies what you already have, and if you get rid of things beforehand, well you defeat it
Quote by xWhitechapelx
the wiring changing, gets rid of all of that silly, gain just amplifies what you already have, and if you get rid of things beforehand, well you defeat it

Hmm might have to give it a go, the less noise the better especially when i want feed back squeels with no hum... But how much are the cables? Im running a pretty good amount of cables. Running guitar to the pedal board and pedal board to the amp then two cables for effect loop on my eq.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jan 31, 2008,
Quote by xWhitechapelx
dude, totally take the wiring from your amp to the part that goes to the plug change the cables from 2phase and buy some 3 phase ...

what do you mean? what wiring? you mean the power cord that plugs into the wall outlet? what's 2 phase, and what's 3 phase?
That G-String looks awesome, I never liked the idea of having to buy two pedals to get a really silent setup.

Is this a noise gate? Or does it simply clean your signal up? Someone on the HC reviews said you should add a noise gate in, but it sounds like the Decimator is one (by virtue of how it works).
i don't define myself by what silly groups i join.