I'm looking to buy my first bass effects pedal and was wondering if any of you could give me some suggestions?
A good man should treat a woman as a good bassist treats a bass; fingered or slapped, depending on his mood.
If you don't know what you want, you don't need it. Best way to sum up bass effects.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Depends on what you need:
Bass chorus - adds nice effects on leads and harmonics
Wah - see above
synth wah - straight funk
distortion - used for overdrive or for dirty growl, depending

Best thing to do is take your guitar to the store and plug in and see what everything sounds like and what you're looking for. I started with a wah pedal, then added chorus, then distortion, delay, different distortion, etc. But that was just the way I did it, because I needed a wah pedal first.
My Gear:
Godin BG V and BG IV
GK 1001RB w/ 4x10 RBH
Palatino Upright
Ibanez Talman Artcore
Godin LG
Washburn Acoustic
Godin Classical
Traynor YCV80

Well what i was looking for was more of an all inclusive one, so distortion, chorus something like the Zoom B2.1U i was just wondering if anyone could make any recommendations,
A good man should treat a woman as a good bassist treats a bass; fingered or slapped, depending on his mood.
Hi Ben well from about £50-£150 i think pretty settled on the Zoom B2.1U thanks for the help though. (feel free to close)