Poll: Which amp best meets the description in the first post.
Poll Options
View poll results: Which amp best meets the description in the first post.
Marshall TSL
3 17%
Peavey XXX
3 17%
Peavey 5150
3 17%
Peavey 6505
4 22%
Other: please post a suggestion
5 28%
Voters: 18.
the atv 50 was a great amp but it just doesn't cut it anymore. I'm lookin at a few different ones.

Peavey XXX
Peavey 5150
Peavey 6505
Marshall TSL
any other suggestions.

This is for a metal/ progressive/ space act. But I will also use it in my comedy/hip hop/ metalcore side project. I'm looking for an amp that when heavily distorted will still be sharp and crisp. I want to hear every note without the speakers getting too muddy and funking up my attacks. Also any good cabinet combinations you can think of would be great!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
last week a tried an Ashdown Fallen angel 180... it was awsome...
give it a try, but i was scared by of that amp becouse it has 180 watts of tube power ( and 10 tubes in it).
anyway it's a great amp for a modern metal sound, it has to channel with independent eq, gain, volume, and the second channel has a second volume knob (good for solos) and it has a DSP.

by the way the peavey 5150 is the same as the 6505.
Mesa Dual Recto if you can afford it. If not then a Peavey 5150.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

unfortunately the mesa is out of the price range, that'd be cool though
Quote by ValoRhoads
unfortunately the mesa is out of the price range, that'd be cool though

I was going to suggest a used Soldano possibly, but that may be out of your range as well. Better to list your price range!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Carvin V3. Completely blows away the competition at any price point in verstility, features and oh yeah...PRICE.
Carvin V3. Completely blows away the competition at any price point in verstility, features and oh yeah...PRICE.

+1. its definitely a decent buy compared to the others (they are all very nice amps mind)
i heard a guy playing one in a store the other day, mmm all i can say is it was nice
carvin eh? I know Vai uses their Legacy model, I shall have to take a look! Thanks!
Quote by ValoRhoads
carvin eh? I know Vai uses their Legacy model, I shall have to take a look! Thanks!

The Legacy isnt like the V3, though. You're mentioning some pretty heavy amps...the V3 IMO beats them all becasue it can do the thick Rectifier distortion, the crunchy Marshall sound and the popping cleans.
The Legacy is an awesome amp...maybe not comparible to a 6505, 5150 or Boogie in terms of gain, but a nice amp.
I'll look into the V3, I meant I was gonna look into Carvin in general, they had not come to mind
does the V3 get alot of ditortion on it's two drive channels?
What's your budget?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com