I'm currently keeping an eye open for a new amp, something I'll get when I have some money, but my spider will do for now.

Anyway, I've noticed that 50w all-tube Sound City half-stacks, at around £500, appear to be a good deal. However, I'm not sure whether they're good for the sounds I want.
I'm looking for an amp that can do:good cleans, a Hendrix-style distortion, an Iron Maiden type distortion, and a Marshall JCM 800 style lead, and on occasion a High-gain sound.

From I tell, it should be able to do cleans and Hendrix style distortion (I hear he used some old sound city amps), but the other two I am unsure off.

So, would be a good amp for me? I'm guessing I will needs some more pedals to get the sounds I want, but mainly a good rock amp is all I need, with nice cleans.

So, this amp + pedals = Right for me?

By the way, I will eventually try this amp out before I buy, but before that, I thought I'd ask around

Here's a link:
Sound City Amps

EDIT: It should be loud enough, right? And will it cut through well?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Try them out, itll EASILY be loud enough, you only need 15 watt valve to cut through drums with volume left to spare.

But the Mark 6s are very modernly voiced with a fair bit of gain on tap, clean it isnt anything spectacular, but not bad either, but its pretty nice distorted, lots of smooth sounding distortion. It'll do your Iron Maiden, but it's hardly voiced for hendrix.

Maybe look into the Laney VC30 -gets beaten to death- but it does have fantastic warm beautifull cleans with a nice crunchy OD.
So, I'm guessing it has good modern lead sound?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
When I tried one I hated it.

Be warned, they are voiced with inhuman amounts of treble.

Might be you're kind of thing though
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Quote by beckyjc
^^ For sure

^ Turn the treble knob down.

Yeah, I obviously did

Still, wasn't a particular fan of it. Even with a fairly dark EQ spread it still sounded really bright.
I'll have a look at the Laneys, but the Sound City seems interesting. My current Spider is really dark and mostly bass-y, so the sound city might be nice.

I'm guessing that a change of speakers in the future could help reduce the treble if it's too much?

EDIT: Would the amp be too modern for an AC/DC style sound?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
I'll have a look at the Laneys, but the Sound City seems interesting. My current Spider is really dark and mostly bass-y, so the sound city might be nice.

I'm guessing that a change of speakers in the future could help reduce the treble if it's too much?

An EQ pedal would most likely have more of an effect if you want to voice it darker.
I don't want it as dark as my spider. I want a bright sound, but not too bright.

But an EQ pedal should help.

Thanks.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Yeah ive been wondering about these amps too, seem liek a really good deal. I noticed the 30w and 40w ones have different valves (6L6 and EL84 respectively). 6L6s are good for that fendery clean sound right? Reckon these amps would be any good for Radiohead, Jeff Buckley type sounds - defintely nothing heavier than led zep.