Why isnt Lamb of God metal?? they're "metalcore" or some **** like that.. explain please?
Member of the Thrash Brotherhood

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
Quote by philipisabeast
Because they combine elements of metal and hardcore music
Hence, metalcore

Same with deathcore, but they're somehow metal.. Same difference isnt it?

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
Because they are one of those trendy mallcore bands that attempts to sound "metal", but isn't, hence the -core- postfix.

True commercial heavy metal died out at the end of the 80's, now you have to look for the underground bands to find that kind of music.
Quote by Pizza The Hut
Because they are one of those trendy mallcore bands that attempts to sound "metal", but isn't, hence the -core- postfix.

True commercial heavy metal died out at the end of the 80's, now you have to look for the underground bands to find that kind of music.

see what is that ****.. I listen to Kreator, Exodus, Metallica, Testament, Slayer, Pantera, and Venom.. and I think Lamb of God is a little bit slower than these guys but they do sound like metal. Because they're actually kind of popular they're striked as posers and "mallcore bands" lol what the hell is that

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
Quote by klb93
Same with deathcore, but they're somehow metal.. Same difference isnt it?

No because 'Deathcore' is the scummiest of all the cancers of metal which has infested pretty much everything, everywhere lately
lamb of god is just bad thrash, theyre not really metalcore, but the kids in the metal forum are embarassed by them i guess
Quote by dinosaurbrocore
lamb of god is just bad thrash, theyre not really metalcore, but the kids in the metal forum are embarassed by them i guess

this

and if metal + hardcore = metalcore, than I guess thrash metal is metalcore, because thrash pretty much contains more hardcore in it than metalcore does

Edit: Generic metalcore, ala As I Lay Dying, not like Integrity or Converge
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
But they aren't embarrassed about CC... the most overrated death metal band ever and they aren't even good.
Hardcore punk+Metal influence=Metalcore
Metalcore+Death metal influence=Deathcore
Hardcore punk+Death metal influence=Grindcore
Death metal+Hardcore punk influence=Deathgrind
cannibal corpse has released so much material though, the stand out stuff is really good quality, its nice to just delete the filler trash from your computer and put the good stuff on your mp3 player
we're not saying they're not metal.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338207

Don't take this as an insult against your favourite bands but the metal forum is already the largest bands and artists subforum, and can't cope with the surge of popularity of metalcore, therefore, metalcore is to be discussed in the less busy Hardcore Forum.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0