Hi, this is to any Ugers who live in Countries which use the Euro specifically Austria.

I'm going to Austria for a week with my school for a concert tour and i have £120 which im bringing for like food and stuff possibly an extra £50 on top of that. £120 works out as 160euros and i was wondering like how expensive is stuff in Austria/Euro countries cause i don't wanna go and end up like being able to afford nothing or run out of money.

Thanks.
unless he meant Northern Ireland
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
An average McDonalds menu is like 6-8 euro.

Thats all I really know, we dont use euro in Denmark.
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
eerm well some chips r like: €1,20-1,40... its all quite cheap really... you'd have more than enough if you'd have like €200

Quote by teh_Beatles

more like €4-6
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by str84ever
Hi, this is to any Ugers who live in Countries which use the Euro specifically Austria.

I'm going to Austria for a week with my school for a concert tour and i have £120 which im bringing for like food and stuff possibly an extra £50 on top of that. £120 works out as 160euros and i was wondering like how expensive is stuff in Austria/Euro countries cause i don't wanna go and end up like being able to afford nothing or run out of money.

Thanks.

When I was in Vienna, it was pretty pricey, but that was with us eating at really nice restaurants.

If you watch your money, you'll be fine. But, if possible, try and take £100 worth of Euros, just incase.

To buy stuff from the supermarkets is fairly cheap.

Austria is lovely, by the way. You'll have a great time.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Depends on where you will eat and what you will buy, it will be about as expensive as you will come from I think.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
Quote by teh_Beatles

its like 3.5 to 4€ here...... I don't know since I really try not to eat there
(Slovenia we ARE in the € zone)

I think I had 150€ with me when I went on a similar trip to Switzerland (well....I had to exchange it into francs....but whatever) and used it all. But it depend on whether any meals are provided with your accommodation and such
Slovenia was bloody cheap. It was great. Bratislava was cheaper though
it's outside of the winter holliday season probably... austria being THE place to go skiing would be a little more pricey cus of that.
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Quote by cagnius
Slovenia was bloody cheap. It was great. Bratislava was cheaper though

though we're getting some pretty heavy inflation :P
most general commodities in supermarkets (bread, milk, pasta....) went up like 20% over the last 2 or 3 months

the goverment just managed to stop the unions from organizing a strike of half a million people by sanctioning for 5% pay rise to everyone
Quote by seljer
its like 3.5 to 4€ here...... I don't know since I really try not to eat there
(Slovenia we ARE in the € zone)

I think I had 150€ with me when I went on a similar trip to Switzerland (well....I had to exchange it into francs....but whatever) and used it all. But it depend on whether any meals are provided with your accommodation and such

Well its not really like I eat there much, but thats all I really remember.

Anyway, the price may differ, or maybe I was just ripped off at that McDonald.
I'm going in March to Salzburg so not the Capital. Going to Mozarts house lol. Though a good bit of the week will be travelling (coach and boat from Belfast) so i dunno how much i will be spending etc. I think its actually 4 days in Salzburg.
Quote by teh_Beatles
Well its not really like I eat there much, but thats all I really remember.

Anyway, the price may differ, or maybe I was just ripped off at that McDonald.

a kebab is 3€ here....is that easier to compare with?
Quote by str84ever
I'm going in March to Salzburg so not the Capital. Going to Mozarts house lol. Though a good bit of the week will be travelling (coach and boat from Belfast) so i dunno how much i will be spending etc. I think its actually 4 days in Salzburg.

coolies!
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Quote by seljer
a kebab is 3€ here....is that easier to compare with?

Its like 5-6 in Denmark...
Quote by teh_Beatles
Its like 5-6 in Denmark...

Denmark> you

always wanted to do that

kebab in holland: €2,40
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Don't eat in Mcdonalds when in most parts of Europe you can eat in independent snack bars, cafes and restaurants with much better food, and at atmosphere. Cheaper too!
Quote by Jackolas
Don't eat in Mcdonalds when in most parts of Europe you can eat in independent snack bars, cafes and restaurants with much better food, and at atmosphere. Cheaper too!

+100000 for that! local bars and snackbars/restaurants will kick Mc donalds rashy arse
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Quote by Jackolas

So true. So, so, so, so true.
If you are really adventurous you can even try some of the local food in real restaurants. But look out! I heard anything other then junk food will make you grow an extra arm, out of your forehead!
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
Quote by Surak
If you are really adventurous you can even try some of the local food in real restaurants. But look out! I heard anything other then junk food will make you grow an extra arm, out of your forehead!

weiner schnitzel, sausages, dessert thingies and red bull?

edit: beer
Quote by seljer

And what ever other local cuisine Austria has.
Quote by Jackolas

Wish it was like that over here...in the US McDonald's is as cheap as it gets. I agree, pretty nasty most of the time, but on a college student's budget the dollar menu is only beat by Taco Bell's single tacos at 89¢.

schnitzel...good stuff.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by seljer

Ugh, that combination must suck.

And for the prices, I pay 2 euro's for a big portion of chips with mayonaize, 1 euro 50 for a burger and 2 euro for a large shake.

In restaurants you pay around 12 euro's for a meal and 2 for a drink, or maybe 1,50.

1 pound is 1euro50, that may also be usefull.

Well, that pretty much are the main costs of dinner in the Netherlands.
you're not gonna be buying that much or staying long, so that's probably fine. cigarettes and drinks are often cheaper abroad, but everything else i find is roughly the same as over here.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by blackenedktulu
It says you're from Ireland, therefore you USE the Euro?

Wait, N.I... nevermind, em... I dunno

N.I. =/= Ireland...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by fortysix&2
N.I. =/= Ireland...

I know, I didn't realise he was from up North....

Anyway, yeah. McDonalds < Cheap Restaurants...
Quote by cagnius
So true. So, so, so, so true.

I'm glad people agree.

I can't wait to take hopefully take a little Euro-trip next year.
160 is moooore than enough for 1 week dude

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by noxiosimitator
160 is moooore than enough for 1 week dude

i get by on like 30€ per week in my day to day life.......but its not like that if i'm on a trip
Quote by seljer
i get by on like 30€ per week in my day to day life.......but its not like that if i'm on a trip

lets just say he'll be able to spend 22 euros each day, wouldn't that be enough ?!

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by noxiosimitator
lets just say he'll be able to spend 22 euros each day, wouldn't that be enough ?!

More than enough I'd say. I could eat out in one of the best restaurants I've ever been to (if not the best) in Sorrento, Italy for around 12 euros, and be absolutely stuffed and very well watered.