So I was recently doing grade 4, but when I changed teacher, my new teacher told me to forget that and I've started grade 6. But 0_o: The pieces are only slightly harder and some of the easier grade 6 ones are easier than the hard grade 4 ones!

Why is there so little of a difference in technique between grades? Because theory-wise, yes grade 6 is harder, but technique wise it really isn't that much harder.
I noticed this when i jumped from 5 to 6, but dont get too cocky. Just count your lucky stars that there are some easy ones
I've jumped 3 to 6. The theory you have to know is harder, the techniques you have to display are harder, obviously you're solos have to be better and you need to know more scales.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Quote by BodaciousBob
I've jumped 3 to 6. The theory you have to know is harder, the techniques you have to display are harder, obviously you're solos have to be better and you need to know more scales.

I guess, then, that it is helped by the fact that I already knew all my modes and other scales by grade 3. I'm the kind of person that kind of wants to find out exactly how everything works so I can spend hours researching music theory and not get bored =]. But yeah, I agree, the theory part is harder. However it just seems to me there isn't really much of a difference between the pieces.

And yeah, I really do count myself lucky =P

Michal
So, what pieces you doing then? I'm doing big,big,big and mud pie( hard intro!!) and september chill
Quote by bass wizard
So, what pieces you doing then? I'm doing big,big,big and mud pie( hard intro!!) and september chill

I've only just started, I'm doing PMA. Me and my teacher expected it to be the heardest, turns out it's the easiest in the whole book, I learnt it within an hour =P.

Apart from that I'm thinking of doing Big, big, big and either september chill or musement park, though I haven't attempted any of them yet, just scanned through them to see what matches my playing style best =P
Threadstarter, could you post some pieces or requierments there are for grade 6? Its just I have no idea what grade I am, and would like to know what kind of standard I am.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
^ all wrong... about 1/2 the tests marks rely on ability to play chords/scale and good theory knowledge (including modes). So your talking bulls**t