Thus far, I only have a steel strung... Doubt it really matters. But anyways ... When sitting, is the typical position of placing the guitar on your left leg etc. really necessary?

Ta
Run Forest, run!
not necessary... but it makes it a hell of a lot easier oppose to standing up :P
Quote by guitarboy221
The only reason I want to buy a new guitar now is becasue I'm starting to NEED a better guitar, oppose to just WANTING one.
Well....It kinda is, yeah. Dunno why, that's just the "correct" sitting position. It was awkward for me too for a while, but it doesn't take long to get used to.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Classical is all about discipline and playing it the correct way...So follow it all to every last detail...And yes it is necessary for nylon strings and you need a footstool.
Well that involves me buying a nylon strung ... £50? Not got the space for it either...
I'll make sure to follow it all stricter then
Run Forest, run!
Yeah, I'm also wondering since I started guitar classes at school and is that sitting position entirely nessecary?
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*