MY FRIEND is starting out on electric guitar, and he's pretty sure hes buying either a squier strat or a dean evo. the question is, however, what amp to get. the amp i thought sounded good(on paper) was this one:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kustom-Tube-12A-Practice-Amp?sku=481230

he wants to play a little bit of enverything, but mostly punk, modern rock and reggae. would this be a good amp? or is there a better beginner amp in this price range you could think of?
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
I don't really know about that amp, but you could consider a Vox Valvetronix or a Roland Cube (Microcube probably, 15 and 20 suck, but 30 is good).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Ims ure there are alot bigger for that price range, beginners dont need tubes
By reading this magnificently and wonderful, adjective-filled signature, you have just wasted approximately 7 seconds of your life.
Quote by Fama
I don't really know about that amp, but you could consider a Vox Valvetronix or a Roland Cube (Microcube probably, 15 and 20 suck, but 30 is good).

I have a microcube and a 20 watt cube and I definitely wouldn't say the 20 sucks. The microcube has cooler amp modeling but the 20 watter can defintely hold its own as a practice amp. I can get cleans out of it that are on par with my epiphone valve special.
i bought a vox dA20, it was 220 euros. Also have a squier and it fits very good. If I were you tell your friend to buy this one nice price/quality-balance
Let's Have A Game On A Teddy Picker

Squier Mod Stratocaster Arctic White
Vox DA20
Thats a nice amp for beginners, I have it and still use it! The gain isn't really that great but if you get a booster or a distortion pedal it sounds good, but since he is a beginner he should just play on a clean channel anyway!